Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost 6.2 pounds since Sunday. Is everybody having these sort of results? page

MajesticOne is offline Junior Member

Wink Lost 6.2 pounds since Sunday. Is everybody having these sort of results?

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I ended up on this website as a result of first seeing the movie fathead and by an influence from a good friend of mine whom only ASKED me to find the movie for him and then I watched it which motivated me to do research and to actually try a different way of eating (i.e. no wheat, no sugar, no legumes, etc..). He also had mentioned to me (which I fully disagreed with) some "laws" about eating.. Obviously I was wrong.

In any case, Since this past Sunday I've been on a fairly strict no sugar diet limiting it to no more than 100 grams a day. I have been eating meat in some cases for breakfast, having diet drinks instead of the real thing, no cheese/no dairy at all, eating as much fat as I care to such as (I used to take this off) the skin off a roasted chicken. In fact, I went to costco and had their hotdog there removing the bun and putting a very little amount of ketchup on it with a diet pepsi. I DO fully realize that I have no idea how the hot dog was filled and cooked and all that (whether in Vegetable oil or whatever..).. For all that said, I have had a steady loss of about 1 pound a day. I never thought I'd lose weight that fast without exercising.

I went from 192.4 on Sunday morning to 186.2 this morning. That's staggering for me.

I'd love to hear from everybody else how they are doing?

edit: I'm 37 and 5'8.

Thanks,

Majestic
    Last edited by MajesticOne; 04-16-2011 at 08:10 AM.

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    congrats on your success! I know if you have more weight to lose (I don't know your stats other than weight) it certainly seems to come off a lot quicker in the beginning for those folks. I don't have as much to lose, so I rely more on the mirror/pants fitting/inches than pounds. I will say 100g seems like a lot of sugar to me (this is coming from someone who pretty much used to polish off a pack of oreos by herself in one sitting) but idk Sounds like you are off to a great start though!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    It does seem like the first several pounds come off really quickly when one makes to switch from SAD to Primal. I dropped 6 lbs. in the first two weeks, then the remaining 14 lbs. I needed to lose took another six weeks with a couple of plateaus where I'd go for days and not lose an ounce, then all of the sudden 3 or 4 lbs. would go. Different folks lose at different rates, plateau for longer or shorter periods of time, and so on.

Don't be discouraged if/when your rate of loss slows down or stops for a while, just keep on keepin' on, you won't be sorry.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    hmm .. I heard that if your gonna have pop you might as well go with the real thing cause the diet crap has sooo much extra *crap* in it to make it *diet*

WOOT Wow congrats on your Fast loss!! me I dropped 4 lbs my first week 11 the first month, 8 the 2nd month, 5 the 3rd.. right now I'm down a tot of 32 .. Only 20 more to go .. but I've hit a plateau.. I'm not worried about it though as long as I *feel good* ( I won't take up to much of your thread space to talk about myself thou.. ;-)

I look forward to hearing more of your journey
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

The initial loss is mostly water weight, just so you know!

Brett is offline Member
    I know last week I dropped 8 lbs from Friday to Friday. This week I dropped 1 but put visible muscle mass (This is after several weeks of being primal, along with earlier weight loss).
    Midterms.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I dropped 9 lbs in my first month (I had already lost 11 lbs this year on a conventional diet). Since then I might be down another pound or two but things have slowed down quite a bit. I am noticing though that my thighs, waist, and neck are slimmer and I think I even popped a bicep muscle in front of the mirror tonight

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    It's not unusual! Congrats on the great start - sounds like you've got quite a journey ahead of you.

Yup perhaps its because I've just started and my body is quickly adapting (getting rid of all the crap I've been feeding it). 100g seems realistic in my life though although now those sugars are coming from apples, bananas and almonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Welcome!

The initial loss is mostly water weight, just so you know!
    Yup that's what my wife said too Although I dropped another 6 ounces since yesterday! Man I have never lost weight like this. Love it! I hope it stays off!!! I want to put muscle in its place (I am active at the gym 2 - 3 times a week.. although I haven't been there for the past 2 weeks due to a neck strain and went back yesterday. Meanwhile I've lost more weight without the gym :P)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast