View Poll Results: What is the Optimal Number of Medium-Sized Eggs per Week?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 Eggs

0 0%
  • 1-9 Eggs

2 1.85%
  • 10-19 Eggs

46 42.59%
  • 20-29 Eggs

26 24.07%
  • 30-39 Eggs

11 10.19%
  • 40-49 Eggs

4 3.70%
  • 50+ Eggs!

19 17.59%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Many Eggs is Too Many? page 3

Boogins is offline Junior Member
    My husband and I purchase/consume anywhere from 2-4 dozen per week. If you're feelin' good, I say keep eatin' them!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddibot View Post
    I limit my eggs because the way I think of it, birds don't lay eggs all year round so Grok wouldn't have eaten eggs every single day. But if you can tolerate eggs well, you should be able to tolerate a lot of eggs well.
    Dodibott, all Groks did not live in the extreme northern and southern hemispheres. Hens lay eggs year-round in the tropics!

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Just remember that could be a decent Omega 6 load that needs mitigated.

julie-a is offline Member
    Umm, I live in Canada and my hens lay all year too! They just need a little shelter of course, as do we all in this part of the world.

As to the protein thing, if you can make your own meat stock it's a protein sparer so you can eat a little less meat that way. Can you buy whole chickens? That would probably be pretty economical, you can use the whole bird and even boil the carcass twice for broth.

Neely is offline Member
    I was wondering about eggs myself. I currently eat around 15 a week but thinking of upping that to around 30 as they are not only cheaper than meat, they are also very practical for taking around (boiled).

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Eggs are Mother Nature's healthy convenience food. (Currently eating around 14 a week, but aiming to get this back up to around 21).
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

The correct answer is *263,344. When you get to that many eggs eaten, stop.

*Lifetime.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Funny thing about the poll... it specifically asks about medium eggs... which is not what I usually get.
    Most of the farmer's market eggs range in size kind of "you get what you get," and unless there's an amazing deal on medium eggs at the supermarket, I usually get XL or Jumbo (pastured, organic, cage free, free roaming, Omega 3... those are the buzzwords I look for on supermarket eggs).... I find I'm happy with a single xl or jumbo fried egg, whereas I want 2 medium fried eggs, so it's usually worth it to pay an extra 60 for the xl vs. the medium.

SO and I go through about 1-4 dozen per week, depending on:
    Is he working? (job provides catered meals, including full hot breakfast w/custom eggs/omelets)
    Did I hard-boil any? (I will eat more if I can grab 'n' go)
    Am I in a breakfast kind of mood? (usually not hungry when I first wake up, and I'm often on the way to work within 30min of waking - but there are always exceptions, like days when I know my boss won't be in or I'm working from home, or...)
    Am I eating breakfast for dinner? (YUM)
    Am I trying a new strange recipe involving eggs?

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I eat 28 eggs a week
    well then

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat 2-3 eggs almost every day. If I don't eat any eggs one day, I'll probably eat 4 the next day. They're cheap (even the organic, cage free ones!), tasty, versatile, filling, what's not to love?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast