Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What do you use as shampoo? page 6

Dharma_Punk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I use Dr Bronner's unscented castel soap for my body and hair, then when I get out of the shower I use a small amount of jojoba oil as conditioner. I always get comments on how healthy and great my hair looks and what my secret is.
    “To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” - William Londen

Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CKATTO71 View Post
    The first time I tried the BS/ACV I made the ACV/Water mixture too strong and my hair looked wet all day long. Now, I put 1 capful with 1 cup or more of water and it just softens the hair shaft without the "greasy, wet" look. Maybe you did the same thing....
    I tried without acv as well, and gave it a few months but nothing changed, so I assume it just doesn't work for me. I have on the other hand read that people with dry scalp/hair find that egg makes it even dryer. You just have to find what works for you ...
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Dutchie is offline Member
    I have dry hair too. I rinse it with olive oil,makes it nice&shiny

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishkaminx View Post
    My sister tried soapnuts and they smelt so bad- like vomit! Really. The smell was even bad after adding some essential oils to try to mask it. Yuck!
    My experience with soap nuts - for laundry and cleaning - is that while using them they smell funky, but once dry stuff smell extremely clean!
    Last edited by fondalashay; 08-11-2011 at 04:03 AM.

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have tried 2, well 3ish versions.

First I went the baking soda and vinegar route. I though that it worked well. But where I live baking soda is expensive, so I wanted another method.
    Next I tried nothing, just water and a good scrub. Worked great. Used a boar bristle brush on my super long hair and it looked great. I wrote about it here ( I do not wash my hair. Yes, you read that right « Mint&Chilli ). But then summer came and there was abit more oily build up, so now I am just using a bar of [Dr. Broners] soap evey so often just on my roots and it is working great. Still just using water the rest of the time!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456