Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brisket? Pork loin? page

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Does anyone have favorite recipes for these?

Oven/stovetop only please - our grill is in pieces right now.

Thanks in advance!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

bump

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I don't really like pork loin, and I just got a nice brisket but don't know what to do with it either! I know one way to do the brisket is to braise it very slowly in the oven, so that's what I'll probably try. Rub it with thyme/oregano/pepper/red pepper flakes/maybe some other spice, then put it in the oven for a few hours at like 325ish. I'm not doing that anytime soon, but it sounds good

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

I did find this brisket recipe which sounds interesting... though I wouldn't do the shortening and don't have fatback (but people in the reviews say they left that out and it was great too) but...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blazing-Brisket/Detail.aspx

Might give it a go.

Lulabelle Guest

I recently made the following brisket-though I would recommend leaving out the soy sauce-

http://tinyurl.com/5l97xt

Pork loin I generally throw in the crockpot on low for 9-11 hours with a little water and onion-you can then shred and season it as you wish-green chili, bbq, etc....

Lulabelle, of course! Why didn't I think to check if Ree had a recipe. Durhh.. awesome cowboy food right?

maba is offline Senior Member

I just looked at the pictorial recipe - can't believe she discarded all that fat.

CaveGirl Guest

Maba, I'm with you! That strip of fat looked so yummy after soaking up all those juices and flavors. Plus the way she talked about it, weird. "Don't worry about the fat, we'll cut it off later!" and how she first cut it off with a knife, then scraped the tiny bits left over with a spoon.

She fears the fat I guess.

Lulabelle Guest

I know, right? Love the cowboy food!

She fears fat but not sugar, strangely enough. She was my go to recipe person before going primal.

Even before cutting sugar out of my diet-I made her recipe for apple turnovers and felt like I was going to fall into a sugar coma. Though her steak bites-to die for!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

CaveGirl, she doesn't really fear the fat... she's always cooking with butter and cream and stuff. Maybe she just doesn't like chewing on a big glob of it. I don't either.

But yeah, I'd totally cut it up and give it to my dog bits at a time. She loves the stuff.

Lulabelle, I still subscribe to her blog despite the sugars... for the occasional primal jewel (or recipes that can easily be tweaked into primalness).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast