FNW,

This oven brisket recipe was great:

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=49343

With this b-b-q sauce:

http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/06/sog-zesty-bbq-zauce/

“Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them.”

James A. Michener

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Thanks efmoto. I have everything for the bbq sauce except beef stock, but I made some chicken stock yesterday so I'm sure I could use that (even though it would change the taste a bit).

Now I have several options for the brisket! YAY! Wonder which one I'll end up making. I still have lots of chicken in the fridge though and don't want to thaw the brisket till the chicken is gone or almost gone... so we'll see when that is.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

LPCRoy Guest

Whichever pork recepie you choose, I highly suggest brining the tenderloin for a few hours before you cook it. It makes it unbelievably juicy.

CaveGirl Guest

Thx for the info FlyNavyWife, I've never realy heard of her before this thread.

I myself love a good chunk of roasted and seared fat. My brothers and I used to fight over who got my dad's steak fat strip when we were little,lol.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Thansk LPCRoy. Good advice. Brining is an amazing thing to do.

You're welcome CaveGirl. I definitely love her site. Her recipe section is a huge inspiration to me in my own blogging.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Elaine Guest

My husband makes an awesome corned beef brisket. I'm not sure about the primalness of saltpetre, but it's definitely a project worthy of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12