Thread: Body Reacting to Primal Lifestyle page

sellitforcash is offline Junior Member

Body Reacting to Primal Lifestyle

Primal Fuel
    I have been training primal for some time now, but have just recently started eating primal. However, in 2 months I am leaving for boot camp for the Marine Corps, which is 3 months long. I will not be able to follow primal eating habits for those 3 months and was wondering if this might have a negative effect on my digestive system.

The same goes for me starting to wear Merrell Trail Barefoot shoes for the next 2 months and then not being able to wear them for 3 months straight during boot camp.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, eating army food will probably have a negative effect on your system! Whether or not you are eating primally beforehand. As far as the shoes go, getting used to running in combat boots might be the best thing for your boot camp prep, even if it's not the best for your feet in the long term. If I were prepping for boot camp, I'd focus on getting strong, maybe do starting strength for 2 months - if you are strong then everything else will be much easier. I mean, if you can bench 250 and are lean, then building up to a bunch of pushups is going to be cake.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Those rules are the reason I won't join the army. Well, that and I've been diagnosed as a sociopath by a doctor from Lithuania (or something like that).
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Those rules are the reason I won't join the army. Well, that and I've been diagnosed as a sociopath by a doctor from Lithuania (or something like that).
    For me personally, it would be what we are fighting for. But eh, does anyone join the military anymore really knowing that?

On topic though, my advice would be to get yourself in the best shape possible before going. Wear your Merrells or Vibrams. Build muscle, lose fat. Endurance, max strength, agility, speed, more endurance. I think Crossfit is one way to go. Another would be simply taking the free workout e-book that Sisson provides, and start working up the Lift Heavy Things maybe 3-4 days a week along with doing sprints a couple days a week.

Eat primal. It will give you the best nutrition, and it's as simple as that. Make sure you eat more calories if you want to be gaining weight. Or less. I don't know what your goals are.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 04-16-2011 at 03:41 AM.