Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Meat... page

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member

Red Meat...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I want to hear everybodies views on Red Meat..

Don't eat it too much ..
    Eat it everyday ..
    too much bad for body,
    eating it is healthy for body,
    Causes Cancer,
    Better to eat lean meat vs red meat
    etc etc etc ..

Thx Everyone for the input
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I posted about it here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread20415.html

Haters gonna hate, what can ya do? Their self-schema is contingent upon hatin', so all you gotta do is state the facts and let them keep on fuming.

Points of contention: Carnosene, carnitine, CLA, alpha-lipoic acid, all highly abundant in grass fed meat, all have clinical levels of positive activity and are not found in as great quantities in poultry and pork. Plus ruminants naturally produce less omega 6. There are some terrible terrible arguments against red meat which I cover in shallow detail in that post and link to some better detail. There is just so much to say about the issue.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I posted about it here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread20415.html

Haters gonna hate, what can ya do? Their self-schema is contingent upon hatin', so all you gotta do is state the facts and let them keep on fuming.

Points of contention: Carnosene, carnitine, CLA, alpha-lipoic acid, all highly abundant in grass fed meat, all have clinical levels of positive activity and are not found in as great quantities in poultry and pork. Plus ruminants naturally produce less omega 6. There are some terrible terrible arguments against red meat which I cover in shallow detail in that post and link to some better detail. There is just so much to say about the issue.
    Oh wow .. Thx for all thx info! I'm definitely gonna have to check it out tomorrow when I'm more awake
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I eat red meat several times a week usually. These days I'm more into fish though as I have some kind of fish nearly one or twice every day.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Eat it as often as you like. Unlike CW, we love our fatty ribeyes and believe it is quite healthy!

My diet is center around 100% grassfed/corn fed red meat (beef, lamb, goat, bison) game, and wild caught seafood, with little pork/poultry. I do this because it helps keep omega 6 as low as possible.

Try to get organic/100 grassfed as much as possible.
    Last edited by Zed; 04-14-2011 at 10:38 PM.

captaineight is offline Senior Member
    I try and eat read meat - specifically wild game meat - at-least once a day. I believe it is incredibly healthy, and a nice bit of fat doesn't hurt either.

However, I suspect that these type that advocate butter-fried bacon and sausages are probably indulging in a bit too much of a good thing (as I wash down a hunk of salami with coconut milk).

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Red meat, white meat. It's a completely invalid concept.

The primary defining factor in whether animals are white meat or red meat is whether their muscles are mostly fast-twitch or mostly slow-twitch. Slow-twitch muscles are used often, for extended activities like constant walking, standing or flying. It has a lot of the protein myoglobin, which stores large amounts of oxygen to support this long-term energy use. Myoglobin is reddish in color, sort of like hemoglobin in blood, which is why red meat can look so bloody.
    Take a look at what we call white meat before you cook it. It's pale pink. A shade of red, really. You cook it and it turns white. You cook red meat and it turns gray. But we don't call it gray meat. Meat is meat.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I love red meat. I go with what my body is craving. Sometimes its red meat, sometimes poultry or fish. But I do try to make sure I am eating grass fed and as lean as possible (unless its a ribeye of course)
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I know I feel far better when I eat red meat (& liver) several times a month, but I am now eating mostly grassfed. Prefer meat on the rare side. Carpaccio is a favorite meal.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Red meat with fat attached is ftw 100%. Who is arguing against a lamb chop or 3 on here?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast