Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Meat... page 2

theholla is offline Senior Member
    I was raised a vegetarian, and had never eaten a mammal in my life until this fall. I have significantly more oomph with beef in my diet than without - I think I may have been borderline anemic before.

Now, I eat grassfed beef almost daily. Soon I'll be adding in some goat and bison. I wish I could get game and lamb too! Like Zed, I focus on grassfed ruminants and wild fish, and less on poultry and pork to optimize my n-6:n-3 intake while minimizing total PUFAs. Plus, I love my meat raw or rare, and grassfed steaks and wild fish are the safest choices. Yum.

If your meat is grassfed and from a good source, there is no reason why you would need to choose leaner cuts.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Three steaks a day keep the doctor at bay.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I enjoy it, eat it on a daily or near daily basis. I know that I also have a penchant for becoming anemic, so I make sure I eat it at least every other day. I've found that, for both taste and positive effects, rare- medium rare work best for me and I need to cook it in an oil or solid fat.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I was trying to research to find out what the most recent poop is. I have been eating more beef lately than usual. Today alone, about 110g of red meat. I am still under my calories, but my protein for the day was about half again as much as it should be. So I was just wondering if it was too much of a good thing.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I only eat it about 5 days a week, so I guess maybe I could eat a little more of it.

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Humans have thrived as omnivores for millenia. Millions of people in developed countries today are becoming malnourished and dying of lifestyle diseases, partly because they don't eat enough animals.

If it moves and isn't poisonous, eat it.
    Cook it in its own fat. Eat the meat, eat the fat, chew on the gristle and the skin, suck the marrow from its bones. Boil the bones for a day or two and drink the broth.

The only part I'd limit is the offal. Meat is good food. Every day. I personally eat either meat, fish or eggs with every meal.
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 05-17-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Red meat rocks. Everyday. Could easily live just on the variety of cuts, bones/marrow, and organs from one yummy cow. Thank you Betsy.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I am just in the process of going back to a beef/fish centered version of primal. This was how I ate when i started primal and really felt great. I had drifted to more pork and chicken because of costs. I have been feeling pretty terrible again and someone posted a link to a WAP page about pork causing inflammation. So I'm going to try cutting it out

Personally I consider beef to be fantastic health food. I wish I could afford some of the better cuts once in a while.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I was trying to research to find out what the most recent poop is. I have been eating more beef lately than usual. Today alone, about 110g of red meat. I am still under my calories, but my protein for the day was about half again as much as it should be. So I was just wondering if it was too much of a good thing.
    110 g is NOT too much, nor is it too much protein!! What info are you basing this on? "Too much protein" is actually hard to do. I average about a pound (450 g) of meat & fish every day and am wondering if I should start eating more.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had pasture- raised local beef at 2 meals today! Not to mention some bacon to top it off. I love my meat!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast