Thread: Random Sharing about my One Arm Chins page

zoebird is offline Senior Member

Random Sharing about my One Arm Chins

Primal Fuel
    Ok, so, I'm still working on my one-arm chins.

My right side is progressing nicely, but my left has been stupid. I blamed it on the shoulder thing, and then I met this physio who might be joining our offices. He's really great at what he does.

His evaluation of my posture was really amazing and he gave me a lot of tips -- not to mention that i have pretty much *zero* lat development or access to my lat on the left side.

That definitely holds things up. LOL

We also got into solving the rotator cuff issue (which stems from the weight on my left leg, the hip tilt, the compensation through my right side (right lat development), and my completely balled up left pec minor.

I've been doing his walking exercises and got my left pec worked out (ouch!) by our *excellent* sports massage therapist, as well as my hips, hamstrings, and psoas.

I am in some serious discomfort! LOL Not only do i feel beat up by the massage (trust me, that's what I go for!), but I also am doing these exercises to walk properly, whihc is accessing atrophied muscles and making me so *sore*.

Any recommendations on how to facilitate building up the left lat to help me move forward with both my health *and* my one-arm chins?

NikonP is offline Junior Member
    Wow, sounds like fun! Sounds like you need to talk to the guy again, he's bound to have some more to tell you about how to use those ideas, Bell Ciao N.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    If I were posting this the title would be "Random sharing about my double chins." hehehehe

lol

yeah, we'll see him again. he couldn't give me any specific insight into how to work my chins better.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I'd actually have him watch you do a pullup and see if he notices anything.

Lats - hang from bar/ depress and retract your shoulders before pulling up/ pull elbows back and down. You could get a resistance band or use a machine to do one arm pulldowns until the left catches up in strength.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Hey Zoebird - I think you should probably put aside your OAC training for a little while and focus on getting better at two arm chins and pull-ups first. Once you can do 15-20 consecutive two arm pulls/chins without too much trouble, you'll be better prepared for one arm chin-up training.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

I can do 10-15 with two arms on a good day, but obviously my right arm dominates. Which, of course, i never realized. Probably because I was so psyched to do chins at all. I just discovered I could do them a few years ago, and I usually knock out 10 or so once a week for fun.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    If I were you, I'd try to lay off the one arms for a few weeks, instead focusing on getting the reps up on two arm pull-ups. Also pay extra attention to your left side and try not to let the right side compensate. Just my 2 cents.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that's been the process, and doing some yoga poses left-side first, just because.