Thread: The Market page

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

The Market

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gorgeous!

The Market

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Oh, lovely!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    That was beautiful. I love how after the train goes by the venders each put their awnings back up as if it is a choreographed move.
    If I had the money there is this beautiful brick building that used to be the train turn around in our city that I would love to revamp and open as a year round farmers market. There is even space for a cafe and it is on a major commuting route.

ahh... the ways I would make the world beautifully functional if only I had the financing....
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Our farmers market here is in the old brick bus barns. I love when old buildings are put to new, positive uses for the community.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Gorgeous!

The Market
    so cool! and that is one sexy cover of Crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Leanne:

Begin by talking to the historical counsel. Also, find out who currently owns the building, too. Find a developer, and see if you can get some forward motion.

Often, it takes someone saying " you know what? It would be great if this became this. . . "

Also, there's a great documentary called "To Market, To Market, to Find a Great Pig" which is made by a pittsburgh public television outfit. All of their docos are great, but this one goes over the "great markets of the US" -- and while you are in canada, it's a great way to show what CAN be done with old buildings (i'm thinking of one in lancaster that is great for that). There's also the one in philadelphia and, i think, chicago that are really cool. and in older buildings.

you might be able to contact those markets, find out who owns/operates them, and ask for insight on how to get one going in your town.

Seriously.