Thread: standing desk for transcriptionists page

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member

standing desk for transcriptionists

Shop Now
    Hey everyone! I'm studying to be a medical transcriptionist and as such I spend most of my day sitting at my desk. I'd like to move to a standing desk, but my only issue is that we use a foot pedal in this profession. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can use my foot pedal while standing? I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how to do this, and coming up with nothing. :/

PatrickF is offline Senior Member
    I can imagine two ways to use switches with the legs while standing:
    a) lifting the heels
    b) moving the knee

Both probably do not work with the existing pedals, and would require specialized equipment.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't do transcription, but I'm a scopist (editor) and require audio for my editing, which involves a foot pedal. My thought was PatrickF's a) option. If you elevate yourself and put the pedal such that you aren't angling one foot upwards, you could do it. You'd need to build something at home, though, but it wouldn't be more than 4" high. A small platform with a slight ramp for the pedal, basically.

(that's weird that the other respondent is a Patrick, also... I'm kinda creeped out. )
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)