Thread: From ZC to BP page

From ZC to BP

Shop Now
    OK, I am finally making the switch although it scares me a little bit. As much as I love protein, I am tired of eating just meat and fat. I figure if I cut back on the protein then adding a few low starch veggies won't hurt me. I know a lot of people on ZIOH have amazing results with ZC but for me it just never "worked". I have really dry skin, I never feel satisfied after a meal, and I am constipated. Hoping that adding some veggies and reducing protein will at least resolve the latter. I am also finally starting to work out again - it's slow going because it's been a while since I exercise due to an accident.

Last time I weighed myself about a week ago I was 134.8 lbs and I am 5'-8" tall. I know that's a good weight for that height, but right now I am skinny fat and I don't like it. I am guessing here, but I would say I have around 22-24% body fat whereas before I had around 16-18% body fat. I don't care what the scale says as long as I feel good in my clothes and my body is firm/lean. I like the size I am, but would love to lose some fat and gain some muscle.

Here's my food for today. I am still tracking in fitday.com just to make sure my ratios are good. I don't feel comfortable eating to "hunger" yet because I am hungry most of the time. Maybe that too will change on PB.

Meatballs made from grass-fed beef tongue, heart, and ground
    Beef bone broth
    Tallow
    Zucchini

Assuming I can stick to this and won't eat more after dinner, here's the break-down:

Calories: 1,530
    Fat: 127.0 grams / 73%
    Carbohydrate: 26.4 grams / 6%
    Protein: 82.8 grams / 21%

ETA:
    I forgot to mention that I still drink coffee but am trying to wean off. Right now I am drinking half a cup of 2/3-caff in the AM and another half cup after lunch. I drink it black since I don't tolerate dairy all that well yet except ghee, butter, and homemade kefir. I have to go slow on the latter because of all the antibiotics I took after the accident which wiped out my gut flora and I am in the process of rebuilding it. Actually, I am a huge proponent of the GAPS Diet and plan on incorporating the Intro part of the diet with PB. I don't plan on ever adding legumes or grains back in (except for an occasional splurge maybe), and I am not adding nuts or seeds anytime soon either due to fungal overgrowth in my gut.

Thoughts, suggestions, advice (from someone who has swtiched from ZC to PB or otherwise) is appreciated and welcome.
    Last edited by astraia.stavros; 04-14-2011 at 10:30 AM.

sghulett is offline Senior Member
    this way of eating is not just about eating meat and fat. I was reading the PB book this morning and Mark wrote load up your plate with veggies so that it is almost crowding out the protein. I love veggies and will eat lots and lots of them.

The meatballs sound rather good. Add some minced spinach and egg for binder and you should be set. Oh and don't forget the spices. YUMM-O
    Gretchen in Wyoming
    Princess to the King
    Mom of 3
    Grandma of 1
    Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal

Thank you for the suggestions Gretchen. I am going to go look at your blog now.

Dr. Campbell McBride is amazing, and a primalized GAPS diet is a perfect way to go, I'd say. I've seen similar experiences on people doing ZC. It definitely wasn't for me. You sound like you know what you need to do!

Quote Originally Posted by CaveGirlEats View Post
    Dr. Campbell McBride is amazing, and a primalized GAPS diet is a perfect way to go, I'd say. I've seen similar experiences on people doing ZC. It definitely wasn't for me. You sound like you know what you need to do!
    Yes she really is. Thanks for the encouragement Liz. My first day was rough in that I had a stomach ache after eating lunch. Maybe I went too fast because my body is not used to veggies anymore. I even pureed the zucchini but still, I skipped the veggies at dinner. Yesterday I had some lettuce with macadamia nut oil (yum - have I missed salads!) and that seemed ok.