Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Reduce the Booze journal page 3

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Sunday was not too exciting...

Workout: a pretty relaxing day other than getting some tomatoes in the ground.

B - 2 eggs scrambled w/ zucchini, sweet potato hash, black decaf
    L - greek yogurt, handful almonds, broccoli w/ olive oil
    D - Antipasto type spread - salami, cheeses, olives, tomatoes

Booze - NONE.
    Easier than I expected, seeing as how we arrived home the night before with cases of free booze. I am noticing that my husband has been drinking less overall since I started this, and I hope that continues. I have always said "we" need to drink less, "we" need to spend less money on booze, etc. This is the first time that I have made it my journey and completely left him alone about it, and I should have taken this approach a long time ago.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Just popping in with some encouragement. You're doing great, and you should be proud of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH2Ogirl View Post
    Just popping in with some encouragement. You're doing great, and you should be proud of yourself.
    Thanks so much! I little encouragement goes a long way.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

I started a new (2nd) job at a restaurant yesterday. It will certainly be a challenge once I get comfortable with my coworkers to avoid drinks after work, but that is not my lifestyle anymore and I cannot let it penetrate my resolve.

Moving on, I am finally getting to the grocery store soon, I have been piecing meals together for a couple days...

Workout: Upper body - push-ups, pull-ups, shoulder flys

B - 3 scrambled eggs, black decaf
    L - greek yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries, sauteed zucchini.
    D - chicken and mushroom soup, salami, and cheese.

Booze-NONE
    Ended up taking the dog for a late night walk last night when I found myself starting to negotiate with myself about having just one drink. It did the trick and I got through it.

WinkBlu is offline Member
    Great job on distracting yourself by walking the dog Sometimes, that's all we really need to overcome a bad habit.

I find when I start negotiating with myself about running out to grab something to drink, I'll start prepping food or cooking for the next day. It seems to help. (As long as I don't start taste testing too much!)

Congrats!!
    "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

Quote Originally Posted by WinkBlu View Post
    Great job on distracting yourself by walking the dog Sometimes, that's all we really need to overcome a bad habit.

I find when I start negotiating with myself about running out to grab something to drink, I'll start prepping food or cooking for the next day. It seems to help. (As long as I don't start taste testing too much!)

Congrats!!
    Food helps me too, I don't normally eat a ton of cheese, but have eaten more of it since I reduced my drinking. I hesitate to use the word "crutch", but I don't mind a little extra cheese to get me through

Pretty standard, boring day yesterday (which I happen to love )

Workout: Ashtanga yoga

B - 2 egg omelete with bacon, zucchini, and bleu cheese.
    L - Salad with roasted chicken, avocado, cucumber, and dijon vinaigrette.
    D - Meatball curry over cauliflower rice.

Booze - NONE*

I went through quite a bit of sparkling water with lemon last night, because I spend 2 hours cooking a traditional curry. I love having a few glasses of wine while I cook when I spend that much time on a meal in the kitchen, but I made it through!

*For the principle of full disclosure, I must mention that I did have one sip of my husband's beer at the end of my dinner because I was choking on a pepper skin and I don't ever drink liquids while I eat, so I had nothing nearby.

Maurabela is offline Member
    Doing great! My husband and I had a discussion about cutting down/quitting drinking last night and I told him about your thread on here. Who knows when/if we'll ever do it. Maybe someday. I hate how big of a part of my life it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurabela View Post
    Doing great! My husband and I had a discussion about cutting down/quitting drinking last night and I told him about your thread on here. Who knows when/if we'll ever do it. Maybe someday. I hate how big of a part of my life it is...
    I got to the point where I realized that it is ridiculous to hate anything that I have the full ability to change. There is so much that we can't control, so we must embrace the things we can and make them what we want them to be. I have been hating how much I drink for years now, and there is just no good reason for that. I have felt better about myself this past week than I have in a long time, and I am a pretty confident individual . Finally empowering myself to take the steps necessary to have the life I want and to be the person I want to be is giving me a joy I did not previously have, and that joy has been the fuel for my willpower each day.

Maurabela is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    Finally empowering myself to take the steps necessary to have the life I want and to be the person I want to be is giving me a joy I did not previously have, and that joy has been the fuel for my willpower each day.
    I'm seriously printing this and putting it on my office (okay, cubicle...) wall right now. You are motivating me by being motivated yourself

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast