Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Are bras really needed? page 9

shannonstoney is offline Member
    Shop Now
    BAck in the fifties, my mom wore the really pointy bras that were in fashion then. They looked like guided missiles: a sort of Cold War style. Once I hugged her and I remember the point poked my eye. So it is definitely possible.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonstoney View Post
    BAck in the fifties, my mom wore the really pointy bras that were in fashion then. They looked like guided missiles: a sort of Cold War style. Once I hugged her and I remember the point poked my eye. So it is definitely possible.
    Hahaha. Too cute =)

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    To all women reading only this post, the consensus is that you should go bra-less, in a white t shirt on a rainy day.
    Oh boy, you've done it now!... when are you going to learn

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    @Sigi- So body armor and safety glasses? Safety glass should cover the eyes for #2. ;-) You should like you have bladed nipples.
    Hmmmm. <enigmatically raises eyebrow>

One doesn't like to reveal too much information over the interwebz. You'll simply have to come watch a session in person. With your safety gear.

I'm a 40D so I wear a bra outside the home and when exercising. Around the house (at home with child for now) I'll usually not put one on until late morning when I running around doing household chores. Just sitting on the couch though I let them go free. Mine didn't get big until I started to gain weight in my mid-20's. I was a small B cup and that was absolutely lovely. Bra or no bra it was just great. Now there is no way I would leave the house without some sort of major support going on. No wire bras though, hate those torture devices. My hubby loves them bigger too, so I'm not sure I would want to be a B cup again, but a C would be perfect for me.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bead View Post
    I have an H cup. For me, a bra is necessary if I want to go out and check the mail, much less jog.
    LOL you basically just posted exactly what I was going to

Having said that, I do yoga before bed braless in my jamas. Have to remember to not jump into the postures though lol. And yes my husband does enjoy watching me, I have a white jama top and have been known to joke that maybe I should pour a glass of water over myself lol. I like to change into my night clothes for the evening because the heavy duty underwiring does get a bit annoying by the end of the day.

Mine do sag but that's inevitable for someone who was naturally large breasted and then gained a large amount of weight very rapidly, and has the type of skin that forms stretchmarks rather than being elastic. Unavoidable really.
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 04-20-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

darkersolace is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    And you are PCOS/IR right? I am too... you're much taller than me (I'm 5'1-5'2"), haha, but it seems like there's definitely a relationship between early puberty and later hormonal issues.
    I've beet researching Non-Classic Adrenal Hyperplasia, because it seems PCOS and less-severe NCAH cases can be very similar and difficult to diagnose without the right tests. I'm 5'6" and BARELY a B cup now (and very much an apple-shape), but I was that freakishly tall girl in 3rd grade (when I started menstruation and wearing training bras). It seems children with NCAH usually shoot up in height, but wind up shorter than average as adults (I'm not sure if breast size really factors in that much, but considering we're talking about a hormonal malfunction it's entirely possible).
    5'6" 27 y/o female, Primal 6 months and counting.

CW: 160 -- in single-digit dress sizes for the first time in 12 years!

GW: 150 -- for swimsuit season

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Just pondering whether bra wearing is CW?
    Bras are lame. If it wasn't considered crude to flop around, I'd totally ditch mine.

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    I'm a very small person and also pretty much flat chested (I wear a 28B or C, that is the same volume as a 32AA or A) but they are sensitive. It's much, much more comfortable to wear a (well-fitting) bra if I am going to be anything but sitting around, for many reasons. I know of what I speak because I was bra-free or nearly so for the first 10 years of having boobs, out of sheer stubborness. I also find it more flattering in clothes.
    Last edited by animalcule; 04-20-2011 at 04:16 PM.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by darkersolace View Post
    I've beet researching Non-Classic Adrenal Hyperplasia, because it seems PCOS and less-severe NCAH cases can be very similar and difficult to diagnose without the right tests. I'm 5'6" and BARELY a B cup now (and very much an apple-shape), but I was that freakishly tall girl in 3rd grade (when I started menstruation and wearing training bras). It seems children with NCAH usually shoot up in height, but wind up shorter than average as adults (I'm not sure if breast size really factors in that much, but considering we're talking about a hormonal malfunction it's entirely possible).
    Very interesting, I hadn't looked into that before. Although I am technically an apple or ruler (by measurement), that is more recent due to the hormonal weight gain, and my actual shape is more pear/hourglass and you can still see that from the front/back profile.

I'm technically a D cup but my boobs just don't seem that big, lol. I do remember getting teased about them when I was younger, but it seems like everyone else caught up and passed me by on that too!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast