Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Are bras really needed? page 8

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    And I do want to see this HIIT session topless. I want to know what happens Sigi!
    M'kay. But you need to agree to (1) wear some kind of protective gear, and (2) sign a waiver absolving me of any responsibility in case I inadvertently put one of your eyes out.

wiltondeportes Guest
    To answer the question: no. I don't think they are really needed. In my personal experience, I have never felt the need for them, and I don't look down upon (maybe just slightly down) upon anyone who doesn't wear them either.

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Well it's looking like if I continue on with this Primal thing I may need a bra even less then I do now. LOL It's been 2 weeks and I just took my measurements. The scale says very little weight loss but the measuring tape and pants say otherwise. About 2 inches from my hips, almost an inch off my bicep (will be nice to see that underarm flab disappear) and 1 inch off my chest. Pooh on the chest. Why can't it come off my thighs first? Leave the girls alone. LOL Anyways before I got chunky my size was smaller so I guess it's inevitable.... (sigh)

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I don't care if bras are primal or not - well DUH they aren't, but very few clothes are - bras are comfy, and when you're a 36F and naturally droopy, there are NO clothes that are going to fit and look halfway decent if you don't wear one.

Plastic surgery isn't primal either, but once I'm sure I'm done having kids, I'm going to get them shrunk up a bit. I always thought that "Primal" was all about taking the beneficial parts of modern life (like medical advances and indoor plumbing) and combining that with diet, exercise and lifestyle choices that enhance health rather than detracting from it. I'm sure the cave ladies got along nicely with their saggies, and I see a lot of topless African hunter-gatherers on documentaries with boobs like mine - but I don't live in a climate where topless is a viable option, most of the time (it is legal though) and braless under clothing just isn't comfortable.

Bevaboo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    I don't care if bras are primal or not - well DUH they aren't, but very few clothes are - bras are comfy, and when you're a 36F and naturally droopy, there are NO clothes that are going to fit and look halfway decent if you don't wear one.

Plastic surgery isn't primal either, but once I'm sure I'm done having kids, I'm going to get them shrunk up a bit. I always thought that "Primal" was all about taking the beneficial parts of modern life (like medical advances and indoor plumbing) and combining that with diet, exercise and lifestyle choices that enhance health rather than detracting from it. I'm sure the cave ladies got along nicely with their saggies, and I see a lot of topless African hunter-gatherers on documentaries with boobs like mine - but I don't live in a climate where topless is a viable option, most of the time (it is legal though) and braless under clothing just isn't comfortable.
    Great way to sum up my feelings on the entire situ! Not only that, but there are stages in your life when it's just plain a necessity to wear a bra. I nursed both my kids, and I can remember what happened if I didn't have nursing pads in place, which required a bra. *Drip, drip, drip* Maybe because I've got such tiny boobs (32B) and I actually produced so much milk that I pumped an extra 20 ounces a day for an entire year that I donated, but I was, erm, quite leaky for about year after each child was born.

After going 4 straight years in a bra 24/7 (between pregnancy and childbirth--from 2004 to 2008), I now psychologically need a bra 24/7, usually a sports bra. I'm 40, and my 'girls' are pretty firm for my age, despite breastfeeding each kid for about 14 months. I'm not sure that bras do anything to prevent or cause sagging. I think it's got to be a personal choice on whether you wear one, and it'll also depend on where you are. I can't imagine not wearing a bra to the office. The air conditioning is cold there!
    Your book club may have scintillating discussions. But my book club can drink your book club under the table.

Magic Fingers is offline Junior Member
    Bev I know what you mean. I was an A before kids (and before gaining any weight). I had 4 kids and nursed them over a year each. I had so much extra milk that I donated also. Now at 54 I am B and they are better then ever. As far as the original question...humm what was the question....LOL. Oh well, I wear one in public but the minute I get home the girls are free to be "primal". If I have clients come to the house then yes one goes back on.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    To all women reading only this post, the consensus is that you should go bra-less, in a white t shirt on a rainy day.
    I like that idea! It feels better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let your freak flags fly ladies!
    Health is Wealth!

shannonstoney is offline Member
    I hate bras and haven't worn one since the late seventies. My breasts are not huge, but they're not tiny either. I don't know what size they are because I don't wear bras!

As far as droopiness goes, I am 57 and my breasts are not very droopy. They still kind of stick out.

I also had no nipple soreness or cracking during breastfeeding, I think because my nipples were already "tough" from not being encased inside a bra for years.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This is my piece on whether anything in the modern world is primal or not. The only things that would be considered "primal" would be the foods they ate, the little bit of clothing they probably wore, the weapons/tools they used for hunting/gathering and the water they drank. Other than it, isn't primal. We are a modern society so birth control, bras, cars, etc are not primal but we have them readily available to humanity as a whole. That is why we are a modern society.

strom is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    @Sigi- So body armor and safety glasses? Safety glass should cover the eyes for #2. ;-) You should like you have bladed nipples.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast