Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Are bras really needed? page 7

strom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And I do want to see this HIIT session topless. I want to know what happens Sigi!

MollyCat is offline Member
    I prefer to go bra-less. I will wear on at work and when Im out of the house but as soon as I get home the bra comes off and the girls go free. Im a 36C and would never workout without a bra but if Im lounging at home there is no need for me to be wearing one.
    If Someone was following in your footsteps, where would you be leading them?

bix
    bix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Unless you have very small breasts gravity takes its toll. Bras help slow down the process.
    even if you don't, gravity ruins everything! especially with a lot of weight loss, or rapid weight loss. mine were toast at age 22. if i don't wear one, I look like I'm 86. I deal with it, but I've been conditioned to think that's not the way they should look at my age, so I wear one.

MollyCat is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bix View Post
    even if you don't, gravity ruins everything! especially with a lot of weight loss, or rapid weight loss. mine were toast at age 22. if i don't wear one, I look like I'm 86. I deal with it, but I've been conditioned to think that's not the way they should look at my age, so I wear one.
    I agree 100% Mine arent as pretty as they could be because of big weight loss. Ive found silly amounts of push ups have helped pretty them up a bit. My arms are pretty saggy as well courtesy of rapid weight loss. OH well I would rather the sag than the extra weight!!
    If Someone was following in your footsteps, where would you be leading them?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    And I do want to see this HIIT session topless. I want to know what happens Sigi!
    it hurts is what happens :P

JillianMarie77 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Personally, I don't see the point in losing weight to feel and look good, if the nips are going to be in line with the belly button.

Bras are a must for me
    Thank you. Three children and 6 years of BF'ing later I don't mind that my girls are smallish, I'd just like them to be a few inches North where the originated. No migrating!
    Jillian
    Strict Vegetarian going primal as of 3/2011. This is a tough row to hoe!

So far I am down:
    • 6lbs
    • 1% BMI
    • 1" in my waist
    • 2.5" at my belly button
    • 1" in my hips

thepaleochild is offline Senior Member
    Uhhh if I didn't wear a bra I'm pretty sure my house would be covered in breastmilk.

Anyways, I need to wear some sort of support for my lovely ladies in addition to keeping the THO at bay. I can sometimes get away with a tight tank but have scared a few men when my lovely nursing nipples, errr... pointed at them (sorry random guys in Walgreens the other day.) Haha!

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    To all women reading only this post, the consensus is that you should go bra-less, in a white t shirt on a rainy day.
    LOLz !!!!!!!! (and, NO, haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    This seems to imply that the chest muscles get weaker when bras are worn. Isn't that a similar argument for not wearing conventional running shoes, that they don't let the foot/arch muscles exercise? I certainly see that for comfort wearing a bra is the way to go, but if it does weaken the chest muscles, then women should be more actively encouraged to work out those muscles to prevent what I suspect is pretty common sagging with age--or so I heard a plastic surgeon say on Dr.Radio. That's what got me wondering in the first place.
    Wide hand placement in line with shoulders will work the chest muscles fabulously and help slow down the progression!

I let the gals loose the minute I get home. I wear one when out or doing work. I am a 40D, so I do like to corral the ladies when need be. I would say though, since I have been not wearing a bra at home, my gals are definitely not as droopy. And I have breastfed 2 babies.

I'm with you, mine comes off as soon as I get home. I tend to wear tanks that have the built in shelf bra just because I'm not a big fan of sweaty underboobage which happens with boobs above a certain size.

I'm laughing because this topic makes me think of sooooo many things pertaining to boobage.
    No, bras aren't primal, but neither is shaving my pits and legs and other types of "scaping" that men seem
    intensely pleased with. I've yet to date a man who thought the hairy cavewoman leg/pits look was sexy.
    On the same vein, bathing wasn't exactly primal and I'm mucho happy that this is a cultural norm for us now !

PS
    Unwrapping the present (especially if wrapped in a most attractive way) is always much more fun than it just being handed to you !
    Last edited by Karate Lisa; 04-15-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thepaleochild View Post
    Uhhh if I didn't wear a bra I'm pretty sure my house would be covered in breastmilk.
    *snort*
    that's exactly what i was thinking, too. and i HATE bralets. they give me a headache. i think a well-made, properly fitting bra isn't as bad as some may think. my breasts still get a great deal of movement, and none of the tissue is constricted.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbadok View Post
    I rather like my clothes, and my bra. I'm keepin' 'em.
    Me too. There's very few clothes that I wear (save for the baggy sweatshirts I occasionally throw on) that don't look/fit better with a bra. I have a C cup and can be comfortable without a bra when lounging around in my jammies or robe, but as soon as I put clothes on, I also put on a bra. I also feel more comfortable with a bra on. Took me a long time to find a style that I liked - for a long time I avoided underwires because I thought they'd be less comfortable (a bias I learned from my mom, who's not a fan of underwires, and since she was my first "advisor" I internalized her negativity). Finally tried them and realized a well-fitting underwire beats a non-underwire any day.

Plus, my nipples are total weathervanes. Going braless would likely create inappropriate situations more often than not.

I'm fortunate that my boobs are small enough that tanks with built-in bras can give me enough support, and a swimsuit with a shelf bra is my preferred style.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast