Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are bras really needed? page 4

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I hang free quite a bit or relatively free quite a bit. I find them annoying when I'm working. They get in the way when I'm digging and lugging stuff around though I usually just wear a snuggish tank and that's enough to keep them in line. I wear a bra when exercising or I'm going out on some sort of social event or in the height of summer when I'm running errands and am only in a tank. In sweater weather I don't bother if it's just a quick jaunt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    And you are PCOS/IR right? I am too... you're much taller than me (I'm 5'1-5'2"), haha, but it seems like there's definitely a relationship between early puberty and later hormonal issues.
    Yes I am. I was diagnosed later in life compared to most women with PCOS.
    Georgette

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Yes I am. I was diagnosed later in life compared to most women with PCOS.
    Yeah I was diagnosed when I was almost 19 after over a year of no periods, but looking back on it some of the signs of IR were present even when I was a kid (like acanthosis nigricans on the neck)... we always thought that I just wasn't scrubbing hard enough! *shakes head*

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    Yeah I was diagnosed when I was almost 19 after over a year of no periods, but looking back on it some of the signs of IR were present even when I was a kid (like acanthosis nigricans on the neck)... we always thought that I just wasn't scrubbing hard enough! *shakes head*
    Same here. It took me until I was 31 and already had 3 kids to get diagnosed. The endo put me on metformin and I stopped losing. I stopped taking met shortly thereafter and guess what? I still can't seem to lose and its been over 4 yrs ago.
    Georgette

kitana is offline Senior Member
    I absolutely wear one. I despise 'bounce', and they're extremely sensitive so I don't like them rubbing against my clothes. The only time I go braless is if I am also shirtless.

Paleobird Guest
    I hate bras and go freeform whenever possible. I think the best anti-sag prevention a woman can do is some push ups. I'm sort of a medium size but I can see for those cursed/blessed with a really large bust, bras can be non optional. I just wear a jog bra for sprints.
    Victoria's Secret also makes a whole line of tops with a minimalist "shelf bra" built in. Those are great for comfort plus social acceptability.

strom is offline Senior Member
    Still like saggy pendulous boobs and normal large ones. that link posted earlier didn't do anything to change , except the older folks and the hairy woman. They were a bit scary. But an old person would be fun to sculpt, lots of wrinkles.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    I used to wear bras 24/7 (yes, even to sleep in). Then I got pregnant and changed shape every two days and never had a bra that fit (seriously, with all the hormones I changed cup size up and down and up and flipping down. The same bra that fit comfy when I left for work in the morning by noon was too tight and god forbid I had to pick something off the floor and have a girl fall out...or it was too loose and everything had sagged.) Once kiddo was born I gave up on bras since we had so much trouble breastfeeding and dealing with another contraption (who made nursing bras so darn complicated!!??) when kiddo demanded food was too much work for my exhausted brain.

We've just finished weaning and the girls are not going back to their pre-kiddo shape/size so when I go out I have been wearing a bra more often. They've sagged quite a bit in my opinion (hubby and best friend says different but what else are they going to say). Once I'm done having kids I'm getting them jacked back up and maybe taken down a size or two. It hurts to run or ride horseback unless I have a corset-style sports bra and then I feel like I can't breathe. Honestly, the darn things are more trouble than they are worth (except for feeding the kiddo, they did prove themselves a little there.)
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eklecktika View Post
    Truth be told, I'm not entirely above getting them realigned permanently once I'm certain I'm done having kids. Primal or not, I want my girls to stay perky.
    Ditto! After I have munchkins I wanna get things nipped and tucked. I was gonna do it this year but might as well wait until all the damage is done.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i went from an AA cup at 17 to a C at 18, and now i'm an F. i generally wear a bra at home or out and about simply because it's more comfortable. i had to try out many different bra styles and brands before i found one that's actually comfortable. it's expensive, and not sexy, but it does the job.

no, bras aren't actually necessary, and i don't really know if they prolong or shorten perkiness. wearing shirts isn't really primal, and sleeping in separate bedrooms isn't either. i think we make some allowances for non-primal living.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast