Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are bras really needed? page 3

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I wouldn't be surprised if breasts are larger now than they were in the past, due to the xenoestrogens in the environment. It seems plausible, especially in conjunction with decreasing sperm counts and the increase in "moobs"...
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if breasts are larger now than they were in the past, due to the xenoestrogens in the environment. It seems plausible, especially in conjunction with decreasing sperm counts and the increase in "moobs"...
    Or back titties as Jeff Foxworthy calls back boobs. Seen that one around a lot.
    Georgette

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    I'd say overall, yes. And girls are maturing at a younger age as well, most likely due to all the hormones in everything but also heavier weight. But that doesn't mean that no women were well endowed, many were. They also tended to have more children and breastfeed longer, which also affect breast size and shape.

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    Yeah...I don't go freewheeling unless I'm deathly sick.

Truth be told, I'm not entirely above getting them realigned permanently once I'm certain I'm done having kids. Primal or not, I want my girls to stay perky.
    Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I'd say overall, yes. And girls are maturing at a younger age as well, most likely due to all the hormones in everything but also heavier weight. But that doesn't mean that no women were well endowed, many were. They also tended to have more children and breastfeed longer, which also affect breast size and shape.
    Yeah I'm one of those heavy 'early maturers.' What I've noticed about us is that we tend to be the tallest girls in our class in 5th grade... at 5 foot. and then everyone else grows and grows TALLER than us, ugh. although my breasts were big for a 10 yr old (since a 10 yr old in an ideal world wouldn't have noticeable boobs at all) they're medium-sized for a grown woman. and i'm wondering now if i fix a possible progesterone deficiency, that will actually make them grow. so i think excess estrogen can spur early puberty, but i don't think it necessarily leads to increased breast size unless it's something that's genetically 'set.'

sghulett is offline Senior Member
    For me yes I am 42D and the girls would be down to by knees before to long if I let them go free. I think for the younger gals though the occasional freedom would allow for pectoral muscle developement but for me not a chance right now.
    Gretchen in Wyoming
    Princess to the King
    Mom of 3
    Grandma of 1
    Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I'm fairly small-busted. After several rounds of doctors scaring me stupid about lumps and breast calcifications, all of which turned out to be nothing, I did some reading on fibrocystic disease and read about the correlation between bras and breast lumps. Since then, I've stopped wearing underwire up-lifters except for special events, and instead wear either teen training bras (Victoria Secret has a really good one) or nothing. I *think* my breasts are less fibrocystic as a result. They certainly feel better free-range
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    As far as the "bras not preventing sagging" thing, I don't think it takes into account the toll of gravity on the connective tissue in the breast witch def. causes sag! So I think bras do prevent sag in the long run.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    Yeah I'm one of those heavy 'early maturers.' What I've noticed about us is that we tend to be the tallest girls in our class in 5th grade... at 5 foot. and then everyone else grows and grows TALLER than us, ugh. although my breasts were big for a 10 yr old (since a 10 yr old in an ideal world wouldn't have noticeable boobs at all) they're medium-sized for a grown woman. and i'm wondering now if i fix a possible progesterone deficiency, that will actually make them grow. so i think excess estrogen can spur early puberty, but i don't think it necessarily leads to increased breast size unless it's something that's genetically 'set.'
    That was me, 5'5" and a 36C in 5th grade.
    Georgette

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That was me, 5'5" and a 36C in 5th grade.
    And you are PCOS/IR right? I am too... you're much taller than me (I'm 5'1-5'2"), haha, but it seems like there's definitely a relationship between early puberty and later hormonal issues.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast