Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are bras really needed? page 2

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Bra wearing doesn't actually prevent long-term sagging (but helps disguise it).
    Exactly. That said, if you have even medium-size boobs it can be uncomfortable (and is considered unprofessional) to go braless.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Needed or not, I am not giving up mine. I look better wearing a bra than going braless, and most of us who are any size at all do too.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The only time I go out in public sans bra is if I need to run out to the store on a Saturday morning and grab 1 item that I absolutely need. Otherwise the girls are covered.
    Georgette

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Just pondering whether bra wearing is CW? Beyond corraling the jigglers for exercise, I wonder if there is any real difference in what happens to breasts of women in developed vs undeveloped cultures. Especially since wearing bras is fairly recent in historical terms.
    Do you want your TITS hanging down below your belly button?

Gravity will make them sag & droop. Then you will have to toss them over your shoulders to walk around so you don't step on the poor things when you walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Real life photos here:
    WEAR THE BRA TO PREVENT THIS:
    http://nastyshit.com/sagging+tits

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-14-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Trishie is offline Member
    I said this to my DH when we first met:

"They may look nice all trussed up babe, but when I let them out, they'll scare you to death!"

I HAD to respond to this one. As one who is endowed with an ample bosom, unless I want to carry them around in a wheel barrow (d-cup), I need a bra. But I don't normally wear one around the house unless I'm exercising or having company.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    There's no evidence that bra wearing prevents sagging, and there's some research to show that it may increase sag.

Breast form changes resulting from a certain brass... [J Hum Ergol (Tokyo). 1990] - PubMed result
    This seems to imply that the chest muscles get weaker when bras are worn. Isn't that a similar argument for not wearing conventional running shoes, that they don't let the foot/arch muscles exercise? I certainly see that for comfort wearing a bra is the way to go, but if it does weaken the chest muscles, then women should be more actively encouraged to work out those muscles to prevent what I suspect is pretty common sagging with age--or so I heard a plastic surgeon say on Dr.Radio. That's what got me wondering in the first place.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I work with a bunch of dudes. I'm wearing a bra. Now... if I decide to throw in a baggy sweatshirt to run to the grocery store, I'm not gonna bother.

Truthfully, I very much look forward to my vacation to Wickerman each summer where I can go bra-less (or clothes-less for the braver than I) for 5 days straight.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Having kids helps the girls to sag as well. Once you get to a certain cup size, sagging is going to happen. The only person in my family whose chest hasn't sagged is one of my sisters as she is an A cup. You get to C cups and beyond, yeah, you're going to sag. Push ups are one of the best exercises to slow or prevent the sag.
    Georgette

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I don't "need" a bra, but I feel more comfortable wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    To all women reading only this post, the consensus is that you should go bra-less, in a white t shirt on a rainy day.
    that's what my husband keeps telling me LOL Actually, he keeps telling me our house is "shirt-optional"
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    VFF's aren't primal. Vit D supplements aren't strictly primal. Meal replacement protein powders aren't primal. Heck. Clothes aren't primal either, but we wear them because of cultural conventions. I rather like my clothes, and my bra. I'm keepin' 'em.
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast