Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Job/work situation - 9-5 just isnt cutting it anymore... page

jennachica is offline Member

Job/work situation - 9-5 just isnt cutting it anymore...

I can't even believe I'm saying this now, after 8 years of higher education followed by a intense desire to climb the career ladder....but dammit, I just don't WANT to work 9-5pm everyday. I feel clausterphobic and depressed even thinking about having a corporate life (I`m an investment banker), tied to a computer and cubicle with little or no natural sunlight. I want something different, something just....more.

Has anyone else experienced this since going Primal......

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennachica View Post
    I can't even believe I'm saying this now, after 8 years of higher education followed by a intense desire to climb the career ladder....but dammit, I just don't WANT to work 9-5pm everyday. I feel clausterphobic and depressed even thinking about having a corporate life (I`m an investment banker), tied to a computer and cubicle with little or no natural sunlight. I want something different, something just....more.

I've had that my entire working career. Maybe you're just burnt? Investment banking isn't an easy thing especially now. I used to work for a brokerage so I can sympathize to an extent.
    Georgette

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i've never really been interested in the 9-5 office thing (even though that's similar to what i do now), but i've noticed my distaste for it even more since going primal. i'm finding that keeping myself active enough outside of work helps get me through the day, but i'm always looking for something a little more exciting. i've been interviewing for more desky-type jobs lately, but i'm holding out for a white mountains sherpa job.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member

I've never been the corporate type. Even though I've worked a desk job the last 10 years it's been in the music business so it's much more laid back than your average corporate culture. I now freelance but for the same company that I worked for before, which is a brilliant thing about computers. Is it possible for you to telecommute or freelance? This is a happy medium for me. I can set my own hours as long as I get the work done. If I want to do my shopping in the afternoon, go to the park, get out and move around, I can. Since I'm at home I can eat when and what I want, start early and put in hours after dinner. And I bought a laptop specifically to be able to get out of the house. Most of downtown has free wi-fi so I'm planning on looking for a park that I can use as an office. I work in coffee shops sometimes as well on those occasions when I feel like I'm gonna go crazy if I don't see another face.

Griff is offline Senior Member

It's why I want to be a professor. Academic schedule; no 9-5 bullshit.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Become a stay at home mom. Some days I would KILL for 9-5
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I love being a 9-5'er. That job pays my bills, provides me with health care benefits and a pension, and keeps a roof over my head. Now, outside those hours? I do anything but that job! I'm single, so there's only my income to make ends meet on and it can be tight, but having a steady paycheque is a huge relief. I didn't always have that. Outside of those hours though, my time is mine and I enjoy myself.

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    It's why I want to be a professor. Academic schedule; no 9-5 bullshit.
    Same here...I want to be a math prof

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    ... wait, you're an i-banker and you work 9-5?! you don't work 80 hours a week??

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There's a great success story in the website (I don't think it's in the forum) of a young guy who gave up his corporate job and joined the Peace Corps, moving to a remote island in the Pacific, who began to live a very primal lifestyle. It was a very appealing story for me!
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast