Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal: Yogi Goes Primal! (tanyayogi) page 3

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyayogi View Post
    Haha, a spoonful of balsamic vinegar actually tastes pretty good - strong and tangy. Yeahh I don't think my mom will be too excited about ordering it online + Argentina HATES imports and taxes stuff ridiculously, like 50% of the original price. It's lame.
    I heard the vinegar thing helps regulate insulin/carby cravings/stuff/imbalance, haha. It was on the blog like 2-3 days ago.
    ughh the smell of vinegar makes me ill to my stomach! but that was before when I lived the CW lifestyle.. Perhaps it's changed.. I'll have to look into that sometime ..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

OK-
    that's it
    I'm going to STOP counting calories - as Mark says, not all calories are created equal. I will listen to my body (except when it's like MMM CHEESECAKE/BROWNIES/OREOS/SUGAAAAAAAAR/CARBS!) and eat until I feel satisfied (not full).

What about counting carb grams until I get a hang of it?
    LOL your starting to sound like me when I'm writing in my journal! MMmM DOUGHNUTSSS..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

11 more lbs to go

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    LOL your starting to sound like me when I'm writing in my journal! MMmM DOUGHNUTSSS..
    Oh dear! When do they go away? And the carb counting? OK? Too obsessive and unprimal?

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    YESSS! No need to count the calories. Carbs shouldn't matter too much either as long as you're eating proper foods, but if it gives you peace of mind to count something, then go for it.

As far as exercise to lose the fat and increase muscle, you need to start doing some heavy lifting or at least body weight exercises. Check out Mark's free PB Fitness E-book for some ideas if you don't have access to a gym. Throwing in a sprint session once a week or once every other week would be beneficial as well.

Oh dear! When do they go away? And the carb counting? OK? Too obsessive and unprimal?
    I'm not craving anymore.. I found .. DARK CHOCOLATE..

11 more lbs to go

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    YESSS! No need to count the calories. Carbs shouldn't matter too much either as long as you're eating proper foods, but if it gives you peace of mind to count something, then go for it.

As far as exercise to lose the fat and increase muscle, you need to start doing some heavy lifting or at least body weight exercises. Check out Mark's free PB Fitness E-book for some ideas if you don't have access to a gym. Throwing in a sprint session once a week or once every other week would be beneficial as well.
    Yes Great Tips !!

11 more lbs to go

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Some almond or sunflower butter may help with the sweets cravings...if you can do it with out going overboard on some 72% or up chocolate (1 small square).

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post

I do bodyweight exercises in yoga. Is that not enough? I do ashtanga yoga, the most vigorous kind, 1h20 mins about 4-6x/week. I will check it out! Thanks.
    OK what exactly does the sprint consist of? Like running supppeeeer fast for 30 seconds and resting?

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    I'm not craving anymore.. I found .. DARK CHOCOLATE..
    As did I! I've eaten it every day since going Primal. That ain't so primal :/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gojirama View Post
    Some almond or sunflower butter may help with the sweets cravings...if you can do it with out going overboard on some 72% or up chocolate (1 small square).
    Ok thanks! 1 square/day?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast