Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal: Yogi Goes Primal! (tanyayogi) page 2

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    It doesn't sound like you need to lose any weight at all. Possibly just recomping, which should happen naturally with a primal/paleo diet and plenty of activity.
    Yeah my body fat is like 26% but I'm pretty muscular too (varsity soccer does unhumane things to calves/thighs) also thanks to yoga. You're right it's probably not just weight. It's just a psychological thing since I used to weigh about 100 lbs...

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    I find with my sugar/ carb cravings I need to take a spoonful of coconut oil.. it stops the craving asap .. (YUMMY COCONUT OIL!)
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tanyayogi View Post
    I haven't eaten red meat in 4 years and I really really don't want to start eating it again. I started eating fish last year but that's as far as I'm willing to go :/

I know what you mean about the eat-what-your-body-tells-you without counting but I really wanna lose weight in time for prom...haha I know it's cliche but it's my senior prom and I have a tiny, gorgeous dress! Also, since I used to have an eating disorder and am highly OCD I automatically clock in the calories/grams...it's annoying

Thank you for the advice though, I know I need more protein!!
    mmmm Red meat .. Soo good for you !!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

11 more lbs to go

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Haha, well then, eat more fish! Like, LOTS more. Protein will help tremendously with satiety and cutting those carb cravings. Also, I would preferentially eat sweet potatoes over some of the fruit you listed (bananas, apples, peaches, plums). The glucose in root vegetables is a far easier to utilize for your body and doesn't damage your liver like excess fructose can.

One more thing, ditch the skins for your every-so-often baked potato; that's where the toxins are.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Yeah my body fat is like 26% but I'm pretty muscular too (varsity soccer does unhumane things to calves/thighs) also thanks to yoga. You're right it's probably not just weight. It's just a psychological thing since I used to weigh about 100 lbs...
    Soccer and Yoga, FTW!

Plus, you USED to weigh 100 lbs...when you were ill and needed help. I'm assuming it would be horrible for your health (both mental and physical) to get anywhere close to that weight again.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    I find with my sugar/ carb cravings I need to take a spoonful of coconut oil.. it stops the craving asap .. (YUMMY COCONUT OIL!)
    Can't find it here in Argentina will coconut milk do as a substitute? What about a spoonful of vinegar?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    Soccer and Yoga, FTW!
    Plus, you USED to weigh 100 lbs...when you were ill and needed help. I'm assuming it would be horrible for your health (both mental and physical) to get anywhere close to that weight again.
    Yeah, I don't want to be 100 lbs again but getting to 108-110 healthily is my goal or whatever really my goal is to lose lots and lots of fat, which might/might not mean weight loss too. I really don't know much about JUST losing fat I usually just lose fat/muscle/etc.
    Any advice on this?

Can't find it here in Argentina will coconut milk do as a substitute? What about a spoonful of vinegar?
    I think you can order it online.. I have no idea about vinegar..*gag* hmmm magnesium helps with the chocolate cravings I heard... I don't know about the *sugar* cravings though

11 more lbs to go

OK-
    that's it
    I'm going to STOP counting calories - as Mark says, not all calories are created equal. I will listen to my body (except when it's like MMM CHEESECAKE/BROWNIES/OREOS/SUGAAAAAAAAR/CARBS!) and eat until I feel satisfied (not full).

What about counting carb grams until I get a hang of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    I think you can order it online.. I have no idea about vinegar..*gag* hmmm magnesium helps with the chocolate cravings I heard... I don't know about the *sugar* cravings though
    Haha, a spoonful of balsamic vinegar actually tastes pretty good - strong and tangy. Yeahh I don't think my mom will be too excited about ordering it online + Argentina HATES imports and taxes stuff ridiculously, like 50% of the original price. It's lame.
    I heard the vinegar thing helps regulate insulin/carby cravings/stuff/imbalance, haha. It was on the blog like 2-3 days ago.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast