Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does coconut oil make you more assertive? page

shannonstoney is offline Senior Member

Does coconut oil make you more assertive?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, I know that sounds like a silly title for a thread. But something strange has been happening: the healthier I get (and a lot of coconut oil is my newest improvement), the "meaner" I get. You know, mean for a girl. Like speaking up instead of shutting up.

I had this weird surge of energy on Thursday that felt like molten lava in my body rising up and filling my body with heat and energy. So I said some things publicly that were bothering me, about some injustices at work. I got in some trouble, but I'm not sorry I did it, really.

I wonder if anybody else has had this experience. My usual old depression and hopelessness is gone; it has been replaced by a kind of woman warrior righteous indignation and protectiveness toward powerless people.

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    Interesting factoid: they are finding correlations between depression and gluten, and my dearest friend just went gluten free, and she is on depression meds for the rest of her life due to chemical imbalance. However, she noticed that she felt over-medicated a few weeks ago, and I suggested she cut back her meds (after checking with her dr. of course) because of the significant change in diet. So, if you are grain free, ergo gluten free, that might explain it. You are probably looking better, too, which can do wonders for women's self-esteem. I know when I am heavier, I tend to blend into the crowd a bit more (not too much, as red hair just doesn't blend!) than I do when I'm thinner and stronger.

Glad to hear it! Diplomacy is a skill that can be honed to keep you out of trouble, but at least you are standing up for what you believe in. Last I checked, most folks get in trouble for doing so (just as MLKJ), but that is also how you change the world. Cheers!

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if your body has started making more testosterone.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Ha! It's possible. Wow. Wonder what I can do with all this new testosterone. Maybe go start a war or something.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Pour all that energy into peace and justice issues, as you have started already! Make your world a better place. You go, girl!

Barefoot is offline Member
    YES! I no longer shy away from social situations, I am assertive, outgoing, motivated, and I don't procrastinate like I use to. It's awesome! This way of eating and living has helped immensely with the depression and self esteem issues I struggled with for a decade.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Odd. I used to run my mouth constantly (and consequently start a fight now and then) but since doing this stuff I've just shut up. I still mock people privately, I just don't feel the need to tell them they're being stupid.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Hmm. What's your secret? If coconut oil makes you "meaner," what's the primal food that makes you "nicer"?

"One pill makes you larger/And one other pill makes you small..."

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I find myself much more honest, oddly. I used to always hide my "true self" and my past from my more conservative family (father is a baptist minister), but now I tend to let it all hang out a bit more. It is a great feeling, like a nice deep inhale after holding your breath for a while. I ingest a lot of coconut oil in addition to slathering it all over my body on a regular basis, so maybe there is a correlation!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

I was just thinking that it's not just that I'm more assertive; i'm also more sensitive to other people's troubles. It seems as if the stories of troubles that people tell me just touch me more, in a kind of more visceral way. A young woman was telling me about her problems, and how our school had mistreated her, and my chest and stomach hurt, and I felt like crying. I was ashamed of the school and felt responsible somehow, just by association. It seems as if my intuition is more acute, and I feel more confident about my intuitive guesses. So, it's a combination of sensitivity to injustice, followed by a passionate desire to right the wrong. It's not that I've never had this before, but suddenly it's stronger and less mixed with hopelessness and despair. I feel more empowered. Not sure if that's realistic or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast