Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does coconut oil make you more assertive? page 3

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonstoney View Post
    I guess we who are new to the testosterone rush need some advice on how to deal with it.
    In the beginning, I had to do a lot of running to burn off my new aggression. I'm handling it better now, and channeling it into higher productivity. Definitely less likely to take crap now - it hasn't gotten me in trouble yet, but it probably helps that I'm polite and smile when I'm telling people off.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Odd. I used to run my mouth constantly (and consequently start a fight now and then) but since doing this stuff I've just shut up. I still mock people privately, I just don't feel the need to tell them they're being stupid.
    maybe you started producing more estrogen
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Paleobird Guest
    I doubt that the coconut oil alone is responsible but Primal as a whole lifestyle definitely could be. My own subjective n=1 is that, whatever I am feeling, on PB I just seem to feel it more intensely. I don't think this is me changing for the worse. I just think that a general lack of health in the body puts you out of touch with your feelings. Primal puts you back to where you should be, it can just be a little disconcerting at first. Like if you value your paycheck, it is probably not a good idea to tell your boss what a dickhead he is being. The urge to do so though just means you are a fully aware human. And he is a dickhead.

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonstoney View Post
    Yes, I know that sounds like a silly title for a thread. But something strange has been happening: the healthier I get (and a lot of coconut oil is my newest improvement), the "meaner" I get. You know, mean for a girl. Like speaking up instead of shutting up.
    Diet high in saturated fat and low in PUFA = higher testosterone. This is most likely what you're feeling if coconut oil is the big recent change.
    Good n-3/n-6 ratio = less depression.
    Gluten-free diet = no exorphins mucking up your motivational system = more sensitive to emotional and social cues. (Unproven but seems likely.)
    Probably several more things.

That's one of the themes of Eat Like A Predator: your mental health and toughness are strongly related to your physical health and toughness.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123