Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: My Own Personal 30 Day Challege page 13

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Drama is a terrible thing. I've got enough drama in my love life right now and I'm married. With a husband who is normally rarely home to having home practically all the time, and I just don't know if I like it.
    Georgette

a_phoenix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metta View Post
    My self-destructive side is causing me to be a little critical of the whole definition of "primal". I just thought I'd throw that out there to get it off my guilty conscious. Also, I need to remind myself that I should just pay attention to my own very first post here that modified "paleo" to "pregneo" and ... let it go. But, I need to be aware that I'm sort of setting myself up to abandon this because of stupid reasons. Making the confession public just to stay accountable and don't intend it as fuel for a flame war. And so I don't use my cynicism as an excuse to quit. I really do want to stay with this...
    I have a lot of sympathy for this. My brain has a way of arguing that the whole premise of what grok would do (and what the heck we can actually know about what grok would do) is a bit silly. It's even harder since I don't have any terribly obvious sensitivities to grains. Still, this *feels* like the right way to eat/live to me, especially if I keep it to 80/20 and don't count dairy. (I think I must have descended from early dairy herders.) So, I tell my brain to shut up and roll with it. Often, my brain even listens.
    First whole30 started 26 April 2011

Goals: Vitality, Joy, Play
    (also look good doing pull-ups by my 40th birthday)

My Primal Journal

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by a_phoenix View Post
    I have a lot of sympathy for this. My brain has a way of arguing that the whole premise of what grok would do (and what the heck we can actually know about what grok would do) is a bit silly. It's even harder since I don't have any terribly obvious sensitivities to grains. Still, this *feels* like the right way to eat/live to me, especially if I keep it to 80/20 and don't count dairy. (I think I must have descended from early dairy herders.) So, I tell my brain to shut up and roll with it. Often, my brain even listens.

I have those moments periodically. I think I have a sensitivity to grains. I just get tired of all the looks I get from when I go out to eat and order things a certain way. Its almost like being picked on as a kid. This is when those moments hit me.
    Georgette

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I'm not into the whole "grok" thing either. I just know that whatever we're doing here works! And if you want to call it a 'diet' and not a 'lifestyle' that's totally ok by me
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Metta is offline Senior Member
    I got the email from Mark.

I'm back in. Not that I've been doing that badly.... But a tune up is a good thing.

I stopped posting mostly because I was "suffering" from an excess of happiness. Ha. How often is that an excuse? But I've thought about the people I "met" here and wondered how all of you are doing.

So how is everyone? I see someone got a tattoo!!!

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Welcome back! I was wondering where you went
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213