Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: My Own Personal 30 Day Challege page 12

a_phoenix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    10 and 11lbs! sheesh. Mine were a mere 9.5 each.

I may never again wear a bikini, but yes, I earned this belly, and I strive to wear it with pride.
    First whole30 started 26 April 2011

Goals: Vitality, Joy, Play
    (also look good doing pull-ups by my 40th birthday)

My Primal Journal

belinda is offline Senior Member
    When I had my first, I lost 20 lbs from morning sickness, then rapidly gained it back near the end of the pregnancy. Two years after that, I had my gall bladder out - a nice 8" horizontal incision from just above my navel to my right hip, that cut through several of my abdominal muscles, I think. I now have a wonderful set of stretch marks and a 'front-fanny-pack' from that pregnancy, and an 8" scar. I'll never wear a bikini (unless I win the lottery!).
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Metta is offline Senior Member
    Is Champagne and caviar primal?

Public Service Announcement: Asparagus and Eggs are made for one another. However, I just learned that it's MUCH better with butter than coconut oil. Much, MUCH, M-U-C-H.

Not my best primal meal...

Think I'm going to start tracking the foods again tomorrow. Sort of out of curiosity.

Oh, and fiftyfawkingfour isn't that bad so far. I fit into a (borrowed) Herve Leger dress for my birthday evening with Mr. LGN. Granted, I nearly friggin' dislocated both wrists pulling it on - but once that it was accomplished, it looked okay. Mr. LGN would say better than okay, I think. We went to a restaurant where there was chorizo coated halibut on the menu. How primal is that?! Fish cooked in pork! It's like they knew I was coming.

It was a better birthday than it would have been had I not gone primal... I have NO doubt about that.

Gonna be a really stressful couple weeks at work. Hoping that, at a minimum, it doesn't cause me to abandon the PB. And also, that there'll be some PB benefit I haven't yet discovered that will help me get through it.
    Last edited by Metta; 05-22-2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Perfectionism

Following up on the post above, so far PB is NOT helping with the stress in that I feel deprived that I won't have time today to put a few miles under my feet.

That said, I had to change dresses this morning because I felt unprofessionally "sexy" in the first thing I put on. Now, THAT hasn't happened in a LONG time.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metta View Post
    Following up on the post above, so far PB is NOT helping with the stress in that I feel deprived that I won't have time today to put a few miles under my feet.

That said, I had to change dresses this morning because I felt unprofessionally "sexy" in the first thing I put on. Now, THAT hasn't happened in a LONG time.
    Try to do what you can when you can and don't sweat it.

I think its fracking awesome that you felt "unprofessionally" sexy! *high five*

Thanks. When I start to feel sexy like a pro, then that'll be a double high five.

Looked at the front page of MDA today. OMG. There are some things that I just DON'T want to know. Seriously, I never expected this place to turn me into a vegetarian, but it may have happened.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metta View Post
    Looked at the front page of MDA today. OMG. There are some things that I just DON'T want to know. Seriously, I never expected this place to turn me into a vegetarian, but it may have happened.
    Why do you think I didn't read that post?

Been catching up on all of your journals. Don't know why I stayed away so long. Very motivating to see how you guys are doing - even when it's coping with the struggles.

Got insanely busy at work and then when it slowed down I got lazy. And I got a little consumed with the draaaaaaaaama that is my love life again. Ay yi yi.

All of this has caused me to be a little less faithful to PB than I was. I really think I am about 80/20 as a "slacker" but if I want to improve my fitness and appearance, I've got to buckle down and get disciplined. I'd be discouraged, but the fact is that even without much progress I'm SO much better than when I first started. Just yesterday I was walking up the back side of my hill (the other way to get to my house than the one I posted the photo of), which is also a substantial - though slower and easier grade - hill to walk, and I noticed I wasn't winded in the slightest and that my thighs were barely feeling strained. And I've been wearing crazy-sexy dresses on the weekend that would have had me in tears just trying to squeeze into a couple months ago. So, yeah, big difference.

My self-destructive side is causing me to be a little critical of the whole definition of "primal". I just thought I'd throw that out there to get it off my guilty conscious. Also, I need to remind myself that I should just pay attention to my own very first post here that modified "paleo" to "pregneo" and ... let it go. But, I need to be aware that I'm sort of setting myself up to abandon this because of stupid reasons. Making the confession public just to stay accountable and don't intend it as fuel for a flame war. And so I don't use my cynicism as an excuse to quit. I really do want to stay with this...
    Last edited by Metta; 06-09-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast