Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted to yell: Go Primal

Wanted to yell: Go Primal

Shop Now
    I was in a meeting with group I've met with for 15 years, all of us over 60; one, a dear man who is 70, with T2 diabetes was saying how he recently has been feeling a lot of anger. Now this Finn looks like Santa, and is as nice a person as lives. His wife and best friend recently, about six weeks ago, talked him into going vegan. The poor man is hungering for some meat. His wife makes carby treats that are 100% vegan, and about as good for diabetes as a toilet is for cooking. I wanted to yell, Go Primal, but he believes what they are telling him, and thinks the feelings of anger and frustration will go away. They may, but he may die in the process. I mentioned that I had done the vegan thing for six months 20 years ago and had to get back on meat; couldn't really do anything more. There it is. This vegan nonsense is now making me angry.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Over 60, eh? Care to bomb the vegan headquarters for us? You could claim senility.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Don't mock! If you're lucky, you'll get there soon.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

I'm serious.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

You need to kidnap him and give him bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    You need to kidnap him and give him bacon.
    Or give him a bacon infused "vegan" snack. Then when he says how much better he feels (after a month or so of eating it) tell him of the bacon.

That sucks. You can't save people from themselves.... the best you can do is let him know you're there if he ever wants to talk about it, and then let him go live his own life. I feel your frustration.

Robb Wolf consistently reverses TTDM in his clients within months. Really all you need to do is balance tissue HUFA, heal the gut and stop damaging it, get enough choline into the liver, get enough magnesium into the cells, get enough protein for liver health, get enough fat for adiponectin and HDL, get enough fat for the cholesterol that you need, combat endotoxemia, etc etc. Lol vegan diets. I would love to see these people try to eat a mixed meal with plenty of fat and not feel sick.

Yes pseudo-scientific nutritional recommendations make me upset too. People like that deserve great health quickly, not a diet that manages their blood sugar but makes them effeminate with brain fog.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

I have yet to meet a person at that age who's interested in hearing new and different ideas (that aren't establishment-approved, as veganism is). I'm afraid it's probably just too late.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Learn More
    My dad (71) was recently diagnosed with TTD. I've talked to him about switching to a more primal diet but he 'only eats a little bit of your mother's fresh-baked bread' and just a few oatmeal raisin cookies, along with potatoes at every evening meal. Sigh.