Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I Cut Back On Bacon...? Add carbs? (Fitness related) page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Should I Cut Back On Bacon...? Add carbs? (Fitness related)

Primal Fuel
    My bacon intake is massive... I love the stuff. Sometimes I have like 7 slices for breakfast and maybe an additional 6-8 for lunch...

I'm still trying to lose the last of my weight AND i'm working on strength training and getting all muscled up. In the last week and a half I've been working out GREAT and actually really enjoying it!

But the bacon is quite fatty... and I mean, i'm just not quite sure exaclty how I should be tackling food now that I'm actually working out a lot, not to mention, trying to rid myself of the last of my excess pounds.

Should I just lessen my bacon and replace it with some eggs?

And what about my carb levels?
    Last edited by thehallowprince; 04-12-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    That does seem like lots of bacon. I think you might see some improvement by replacing it with eggs or some fresh (by fresh I mean non-cured) meat. The only way to know is to try! Good luck on your continued success!

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Try plugging a typical day into fitday and see where your numbers are at and see if that is good for losing weight. I think 15-17 calories per body weight is what you want to lose weight (not too sure though). BUT, if your looking better then why even bother? You may be worried about the nitrate intake you are getting from the bacon if it isn't nitrate free.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I would cut back on the bacon just to decrease salts/sugar and diversify the diet. Add eggs in the am, have another meat at lunch, and go from there.

I would keep the carbs in the primal blueprint's suggested range for weight loss -- try taking it up a bit and see what happens, then take it down a bit and see what happens.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I had stalled in the autumn until I reduced my bacon, nut butter, nut, and all fruit but berries. SpecOps says same thing.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that's a lot of bacon. I wouldn't up carbs yet though. Keep them below 100g daily, you *might* wanna do like ONE higher carb day every two weeks or so but that's as you get leaner.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, bacon is the candy of meat. I would recommend getting more protein and less fat if you're looking to lose more.

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Yeah that's a lot of bacon. I wouldn't up carbs yet though. Keep them below 100g daily, you *might* wanna do like ONE higher carb day every two weeks or so but that's as you get leaner.
    Usually my carbs are about 40 or below... sometimes up to 50 or 60...

I do a HIGH carb day once a month just to keep sane and to throw my body a curveball.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Add more bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

walkingbird is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I loove bacon. So, say you have 7 slices in the morning plus 8 in the afternoon, each at roughly 100 kcala a slice. So, you've just consumed 1500 kcal. That's 3/4 of my all day food intake and I'm a 5'10", 143 lb female. Again, I love bacon, but judge for yourself
    By The Ancestral Fire - insights and opinions regarding primal living.

As a friend once said, "Bacon is the Journey of food. You may pretend to hate it, but secretly you still love it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast