Thread: Knees/kneeling page

chronyx is offline Senior Member

Knees/kneeling

It's an old belief that kneeling is bad for the knees and if you do, by the time you're 60 they will be worn out. I'm interested in this as I'm an electrician!

I just wondered if this is true, or another 'CW truth'. Surely we were designed to crawl about too?

My rough hypothesis is that following PB/Paleo will do far more to ensure healthy joints in old age than never kneeling. But I don't want to knacker my knees finding out!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I was hoping a call girl was asking this.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Lived with a family in Japan, and their 73-year old grandma was almost even more fresh and vigor than I. Kneeling (even for long periods of time!) is tradition in Japan. I don't know, but I wouldn't worry so much about it.

If it starts hurting, back off...

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I was hoping a call girl was asking this.
    Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Lived with a family in Japan, and their 73-year old grandma was almost even more fresh and vigor than I. Kneeling (even for long periods of time!) is tradition in Japan. I don't know, but I wouldn't worry so much about it.

If it starts hurting, back off...
    That's good to know. I basically wondered if anatomically it was a bad thing, or if years of eating crap and smoking (You've seen a typical tradesman I'm sure) will eventually cause problems that are put down to your body being 'worn out'!