Thread: So, I guess this means I'm committed. page

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member

So, I guess this means I'm committed.

Primal Fuel
    I did my budget, set aside some $$$ and ordered The Primal Blueprint, The Paleo Solution and a pull-up bar. Already have Mark's Quick & Easy Cookbook.

I've been 2 months virtually 100% Primal. Effortlessly lost my extra 20 lbs., feel great, look great (all things being relative ) and I'm never going back to the SAD.

I have spoken, get the chisel.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to be as successful as you after 2 months. I'm at 2 weeks and I've lost 2.5 pounds!
    Health is Wealth!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    It is so ordained! Way to go LJH.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Yep. I've been at this a few months and I've felt better than I have in years. I can't imagine going back. I feel like my body is finally acting the way its supposed to.

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Read the Primal Blueprint first. The Paleo Solution is very technical and the Primal Blueprint will do a better job at laying out the framework... Or thats the impression that i get from listening to the podcasts (didn't read his book yet). Robb Wolf is very scientific, and may be too overwhelming.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I wish Robb would get around to him more technical books. Paleo Solution was Robb being as minimally technical as he possibly could.

Those are some pretty sweet results. My advice to everyone starting out is to read read read, blogs, articles, books (of course) and anything you can get your hands on. Store the links to the most vital things you read. The more knowledge the better. Some folks have the tendency to just assume that as long as they are in the paleo zone then there is nothing that they could add to make things better, but there is so much to learn.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    10-4 guys. I plan to read Mark's book first and to start on the excercise routine as soon as my pull-up bar arrives.

I ordered Robb's book for the very reason stated - no such thing as too much information. I've been listening to his podcasts and in addition to really knowing his stuff he's funny as hell, I hope some of that humor made its way into the book. I know I'll gloss over anything uber technical and personally, I'm good with a little dairy therefore more Primal than Paleo, but I figured it would be a valuable referrence to have. And I like his cat.

Thanks for the input.