Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stinky page

OK, I really love going Primal, but I am feeling some side-effects lately.

1. I am stinky now. I'm not sure what it is, but I've never been a BO person. I promise. My parents and I have always been very low on the 'smelly' factor. Unless I don't shower for 3 days, I just (usually) don't smell. NOW, I am 'pitty' a lot. I mean, if I skip on the shower for the morning, I am suffering from my own smell by mid-day! This was a HUGE rarity for me.

2. Mouth Ulcers/ Canker sores. For the past couple of weeks, along with my 'stench', I have had canker sores. One after another, day after day. I read that this could be a deficiency in vit B12?

I have one other 'thing' but this is too public of a place for discussion.

Anyway, just looking for some clues. Anyone else had these type of things crop up lately? I am thinking that I have some deficiencies and it must be from my eating that I am lacking nutrients.

I think I am going to do a toxicity fast with some distilled water and spinach and then incorporate more vegetables into my day, whereas I was mostly meat and fat with some veggies here and there (maybe).

What do you think?

maba is offline Senior Member

I noticed dandruff in my hair last week, it made me feel really yucky. But this week has been ok. As little kids, if we had moth ulcers anytime, we'd be given B complex pills. I also remember my dad applying some kind of rhubarb extract on my sores and that it gave immediate relief. Is the smell that you talk about the kind associated w/ ketosis?

What is a toxicity fast?

Yeah, I am thinking of going back to my liquid vitamin, which is rich in Vit B complexes. I stopped taking it months ago since it had 9g of carbs and I was trying to go below 30, if not zero carbs, for weight-loss. Now, my weight has been creeping back and I have been feeling 'off'. Time to rethink my nutrition and get back to IF for my fat loss.

I don't think the 'smell' is from Ketosis. I've been a little naughty with my food lately (beer & nachos last weekend and weeknights have been a beer and maybe some Greek Yogurt and then a banana with almond butter), so maybe most of my 'naughty treats' have been somewhat healthy/ primal, they are still high enough in carbs for me to NOT be in Ketosis lately.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

[quote]

Anyway, just looking for some clues. Anyone else had these type of things crop up lately?</blockquote>

Sassa.. how old are you again?

It might be not related to the primal diet, but rather-- hormonal changes.

I had the same thing happen to me before when my hormones started fluctuating a lot.. in my late 30s. Don&#39;t know if that could be it, but I do recall that I was rather surprised and kinda shocked at myself

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I always associated canker sores with a general lack of fresh fruits and vegetables. Used to get them all the time; haven&#39;t had one for several years now, ever since I started focusing on eating them more.

I know lots of folks here think that fruits and vegetables are not a necessary part of our diet, but I disagree. There are thousands of compounds in them, and we have no idea what their function is in our bodies.

JamieBelle is offline Member

I get sores in my mouth if I eat a lot of tomatoes, citrus, or strawberries. I think it has something to do with the acid. But, I&#39;m not really eating a whole lot of that now, so.

I&#39;ve been at this now for 2 months and I haven&#39;t noticed anything out of the ordinary.

As for the BO, I&#39;ve heard that showering at night, putting deodorant on after drying off, then going to bed, then putting another layer of deodorant on in the morning is the way to go. I know Grok didn&#39;t have deodorant. Poor Mrs. Grok.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

lol JamieBelle!!!

My sister is definitely WAY pittier than me, and she started putting black tea bags under her pits for 15-20 min before bed. She did it for 2 weeks, and has had much less BO and sweating. I think she called it pit detox!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Aha! I&#39;ve been sweating a lot more than normal since going Primak. My gym trainer commented on it last week when I had my session with him- he said it was a good thing?But I haven&#39;t really gone down the BO route, as far as I can tell.

straia is offline Junior Member

Better out than in.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

OK, I figured it out. No more stinky pits.

Yes, regarding the veggies, I do agree that I need to incorporate more. The B vitamins and veggies have helped the canker sores.

As for my stinky pits, I absolutely refuse to comment on the &#39;trigger&#39; It&#39;s extremely embarrassing. But, I am very happy to be back on the track to good health!

Thanks Ladies!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast