Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stinky page 3

maba is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

CaveGirl: That's hilarious. So you were responsible for people indulging in non-primal foods. Hey better maple syrup than garlic or onion.

Nina: I recently got NT from Amazon and I think it's a fascinating read. Just yesterday, my mum made a batch of Indian-style mutton bone broth and I told myself I was going to make it often. And the bones are dirt cheap to boot. I could throw in a few days of no-meat, bone broth-only into the mix. What organs/cuts do you recommend eating raw? I know WAPF recommends feeding babies with raw grated liver.

CaveGirl Guest

To this day, my bf calls me Mrs. Buttersworth. Trust me, after a while when you are trying to sleep and all you smell is sweet sweet maple syrup it gets a little old, lol.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

I get sores in the corners of my mouth. I used to get them when I was little. They reappeared when I first went primal last year. I know they are exacerbated by acid foods, like citrus, tomatoes, etc, but I don't think they are caused by their consumption. I've read that it is possibly a candida problem, or might be a fungal thing. Sounds gross, but yeast and fungus live on your skin, sometimes things get out of control.

The other thing I developed suddenly was seb derm on my forehead and hairline. That disappeared once I regularly started using anti-fungal and hydrocortisone on it. Still waiting for the appointment with a dermatologist.

I'm suspecting hormonal fluctuations, since there were some changes in my cycle. But I am on the same BC I've been on for 6+ years, and thought that this prevents hormonal fluctuations. I imagine diet influences hormones, anyone have a good primal-oriented reference for this?

Thanks!

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

nina_70 Guest

@maba - yeah, I really enjoyed the NT book. We made our 1st bone-broth a few weeks back. It was lovely! We're still experimenting w/ the organ thing...and haven't (yet) done any raw stuff, but I'm working on it. In the meantime we're experimenting with grass-fed freeze-dried organ supplements from Dr.Ron's (http://www.drrons.com/organ-delight-...-superfood.htm). I know we don't eat enough organ, so I wanted to try it out for a while until I could work out some recipe's that would get more organ into our daily foods (I DO love liverpate, so I know that'll be one way).

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

If I eat food I'm intolerant to I get BO. I think I know what your personal problem is, and my food allergies cause that sometimes, too. I get canker sores when I eat gluten.

How long have you been primal for? You could be detoxing and having candida die off which would definitely cause these things.

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

CaveGirl - Did the doctors check to see if you were processing BCAA amino acids properly? There is a genetic disorder called Maple Syrup Urine Disease which usually affects infants where they are lacking an enzyme that breaks down specific amino acids in proteins. Apparently very high protein diets can produce the same smell. Perhaps you are just not metabolizing all of your protein intake correctly?

misathemeb is offline Member

@ibd we actually used a maple syrup diet food for rodents to check their BCAA levels in the diabetic rats. i thought it was a fluke (the smell at first) but now it makes sense!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123