Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Vegetables - Do We Really Need Them? page 8

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    It's not your refusal to jump on the bandwagon that's irritating so much as your frequent unwillingness to do some damn research for yourself. Board members aren't here to spoon feed you the contents of the standard resources for primal/paleo living. You have to do some of this yourself.

Or, y'know what Owly said.

captaineight is offline Senior Member
    Well this isn't really the thread to continue the discussion.

So I'll comment further here. If you don't care or are not interested, please don't bother reading.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread28105.html

I think that most of you are reacting very defensively for no reason, and your claim that I am not exposing myself to the information, or "do some damn research" is absolute nonsense. I'm plowing through reading and videos, right down to his Wikipedia page, several reviews, extracts and reviewing his sources. So far, I asked one question: if he somewhere explains where the excess energy goes. I don't think the response to that question has warranted the overly aggressive and defensive response that it has received from several forum members.

If you don't want to discuss, help out, point me in the right direction, whatever, that's fine. Just don't reply and/or contribute.

I think the real reason people react so hostilely is that I'm skeptical of ideas in which they obviously hold a strong belief.
    Last edited by captaineight; 04-13-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captaineight View Post
    If you don't want to discuss, help out, point me in the right direction, whatever, that's fine. Just don't reply and/or contribute.
    If you don't like our answers GTFO instead of telling us to STFU.

Take your guard down. I'm not here to insult or fight. If I have to agree with you, personally, in order to be a member here, then fine, I'll "GTFO". But somehow I don't think that's a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by captaineight View Post
    Take your guard down. I'm not here to insult or fight. If I have to agree with you, personally, in order to be a member here, then fine, I'll "GTFO". But somehow I don't think that's a rule.
    I've never required agreement, JUST COMPLETE SUBMISSION AND SUBSERVIENCE. BOW DOWN EARTHLING.

Seriously you're dishonest, and you've been called on it. Quit frontin'.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Mostly meat diet here. The only veggies I can stomach are broccoli and spinach, which I rarely buy. I love fruits and berries but none are in season.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Mostly meat diet here. The only veggies I can stomach are broccoli and spinach, which I rarely buy. I love fruits and berries but none are in season.
    *applause*

Thank you Alex for bringing the thread back on track.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Or, y'know what Owly said.
    DarthFriendly: the man who says all the shit I am too polite to say out loud.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    DarthFriendly: the man who says all the shit I am too polite to say out loud.
    That's a good thing mate. Overly aggressive internet-forum types are less than impressive. Be proud of yourself and remain nice and polite.

Doddibot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For the last 24 hours, all I've had was beef (cooked in lard or tallow) and carrots (raw, or cooked in the leftover fat in the pan). I might introduce spinach in a few days, but I'm experimenting here.
    "Thanks to the combination of meat, calcium-rich leaf foods, and a vigorous life, the early hunter-gatherers were robust, with strong skeletons, jaws, and teeth." - Harold McGee, On Food And Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast