View Poll Results: Will you be watching JO FR tonight at 8 PM EST on ABC?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 52.00%
  • No

12 48.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JO's Food Revolution Begins at 8 PM EST Tonight. Will you be watching? page 2

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    I liked last season, but this episode pissed me off. Overhauling school lunches is a far cry from haranguing small business owners. No one's being forced to eat the guy's cheap hamburgers, and he's not lying about what he's selling.

And a milkshake does have ice cream! That's the definition!

I support Jamie's mission in the schools, but free enterprise is free enterprise. Leave the greasy spoons alone.
    You do have a point. But, it is also the guys choice to tell him to leave. It is a free enterprise and thus the owner does not have to let Jamie do anything.

I like the show because its an inspiration. Jamie, whether primal or not, is doing a great deed. He inspires me in that it shows our country is pathetic to say the least. I am out to change it the primal way and Jamie really motivates me!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    I guess I'm the only one that wasn't aware that ammonia is used in non-grassfed beef (out of my price range)
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Kenn - That was disgusting to me. But ammonia is not in all non-grassfed beef. What he was showing us was disgusting. Its true but its as bad as it gets. Its probably in the taco bell meat, mcdonalds meat, school cafeteria meat, etc. I would guess its not in most ground beef sold at the supermarket.

I could be wrong. This is my guess.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Kenn - That was disgusting to me. But ammonia is not in all non-grassfed beef. What he was showing us was disgusting. Its true but its as bad as it gets. Its probably in the taco bell meat, mcdonalds meat, school cafeteria meat, etc. I would guess its not in most ground beef sold at the supermarket.

I could be wrong. This is my guess.
    Factory Farmed (CAFOs) Hamburger, Ground Beef, Ammonia-Treated-Fatty-Waste Beef and How the FDA Fails to Protect Americans from Potential Health Problems from E. Coli and Salmonella |

I know it's not the end all of articles but FTA he says 70%

The FDA and USDA not only approved the ammonia-treated fatty waste, the agencies granted an exemption to Beef Products, Inc. so that the ammonia-based fatty waste was exempt from regular inspections. Ammonia-treated ground beef is found in up in 70% of all hamburger sold in the U.S., including hamburger products sold at Burger King, McDonalds, school lunch programs and most supermarket chains.
    But since beef labeling doesn't require you list ammonia, htf are you going to know?

Beef Packing in America has shrunk to a couple plants from hundreds a couple decades ago, so we're not talking about a diverse industry.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that JO has never ran the business side of a restaurant?

Drain Bead is offline Senior Member
    JO has a noble goal, but you're right, his business acumen is sorely lacking. The only way that anything is going to change is at the home level, because schools are already suffering enough in their budgets and just can't afford to feed students anything decent. I think the best stuff he does is the big displays--filling people's house with the crap they eat in a year, dumping all the fat and sugar from school lunches into a pile while all the parents watch, and the ammonia-washed beef. Once you educate people about how truly nasty mass-produced food can be, you're sure to change a few minds. There's not going to be a sea change because of what he does, but it's good that at least someone's trying.

Bill2380 is offline Junior Member
    Is it just me or is he kinda chunky looking?

goodangels is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2380 View Post
    Is it just me or is he kinda chunky looking?
    He has gained weight since his early Naked Chef days. If you take a look at his videos, you can see a progression - he was pretty slim. When he was younger though, he was HOT! I wouldn't have minded him cooking for me

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzy10 View Post
    No. Jamie Oliver is a tosser.
    +1.

I don't like any of these shows, really. I don't like his, Biggest Loser, the other Jillian show where she "took on" a "fat" family, etc. They are all bullshit sensationalism to highlight how supposedly stupid, lazy, and fat all Americans are. I don't like sensationalizing and ridiculing those who are overweight or who eat crap foods because either they don't know any better or they don't care BECAUSE THAT IS THEIR CHOICE!!! Why is that OK but everyone's "political correctness" radar goes up when other people are made fun of or talked about in a less than positive/inspiring light? Hell, the Tea Party went BALLISTIC on Rahm Emanuel when he made an off the cuff remark that some Liberal activists were f-ing retarded. Double standard, anyone???!!!

Carrie

p.s. PHEW! I guess I feel a lot more strongly about this than I realized :-)!!

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post

I like the show because its an inspiration. Jamie, whether primal or not, is doing a great deed. He inspires me in that it shows our country is pathetic to say the least. I am out to change it the primal way and Jamie really motivates me!
    This. He is makinga difference, and we desperately need that. Any positive change.
    I didn't vote- I am watching it right now on hulu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12