Thread: need recipes for marinated meat on a stick page

Italapas is offline Junior Member

need recipes for marinated meat on a stick

Primal Fuel
    My 4-year-old daughter is protein averse at the moment, which is driving me NUTS. She DOES like chicken satay, which made me think there have to be other recipes out there for marinated strips of meat cooked on a skewer. What do y'all do in that vein? And tomorrow I'm going to try her on meatballs....

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    This is my favorite marinade ever. It goes well on all meat. I'm making goat chops for dinner tomorrow and I'm thinking about using it.

Mojo Criollo Recipe - Food.com - 135130

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    This chicken satay my one year old went nuts over:
    Real Thai Chicken Satay

She also loved this meatball recipe. I tried it with ground turkey, and then with ground beef-she seemed to prefer the turkey. (I left out the cookies, bread, flour, noodles and jelly to make it primal. It tasted pretty good without them.)
    Rachel Ray Swedish Meatball

Will keep looking-I'm trying to find 'stick' recipes too.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    An old favorite was equal parts olive oil, soy sauce, and water (you'd want to substitute tamari or liquid aminos for the soy sauce to make it Primal, plus a generous amount of tarragon. Marinate, then put on stick and grill.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

kitana is offline Senior Member
    I get raves on my greek marinade - Lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic and whatever herbs you prefer. Marinate chunks of meat overnight, skewer and grill. I serve with roasted veggie chips and tzatziki sauce.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Marinate chicken (or lamb or beef) in some yogurt. This makes it amazingly tender. You don't need much. I use about a cup of yogurt for every 2 lb of meat. To the yogurt I add a 2 spoonfuls each of olive oil, vinegar and tomato paste. The seasoning is up to you. You can go Indian by adding some garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, coriander and cumin or Thai with lemongrass, galangal, shallot, chile and fish sauce. Even just simple paprika or salt and pepper work. The meat needs to marinate for at least 6-8 hours. Then thread it on the skewers, and either grill or broil it just until charred spots start to appear.

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Shish Taouk recipe:

Shish Taouk - Chicken Kebabs