Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Bras page

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member

Sports Bras

Primal Fuel
    I'm looking for the best sports bras for "well endowed" ladies. I'm currently in a 42 D (a SNUG 42 D) and I just bought a jump rope, which I love using, but it poses some rather limiting problems, and running/sprinting is also a rather serious problem as well. So I'm looking for advice, what's the best bang for your buck in sports bras. What do you use, and what do you recommend?

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Moving Comfort is my favorite brand. I currently wear the "Fiona":

I usually wear a 32DDD, but I bought this in a 32DD for some extra compression. It keeps the girls in place even when I'm sprinting and jumping.

I just ordered the "Juno" because I prefer a racer back:

If you decide to try one of them, Amazon has the best deals. If you're not picky about color, you can get them for as low as $22 with free shipping, even though they list for $44 - $58!
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    My favorite is the Anita Extreme control.

For me I am willing to pay a little extra for zero motion.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

sarah k. is offline Member
    Yeah, the Fiona is great. I have 3. I love it that they are adjustable, since I apparently have short shoulders, and every single one of the non-adjustable ones is just too long in the straps, and therefore useless for the intended purpose. I also like that it's a hook bra, so I can actually put it on without decapitating myself. I recently got the Maia, which has all the same pros, plus underwire, so it looks less smooshed. It's not absolutely perfect, I can still run and jump-rope, but there's a little more motion than with the Fiona. I've tried on dozens of sports bras, and these are the only two I've purchased. In a pinch, you could try the thing I used to do before they made sports bras for people like us. I just wore a regular, industrial strength bra, with a Speedo swimsuit over it. I ran for a decade with this setup. Big drawback is when you really need to pee.

Rae1219 is offline Junior Member
    I was recently directed to Enell
    I purchased the Enell sport and it is working out well. The sizing guidelines on the site are pretty accurate. The bras fit very snug but the bounce is nothing compared to any other bra I've tried (34DDD here). A little pricey and not too fashionable, but gets the job done.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    Moving Comfort is my favorite brand. I currently wear the "Fiona":

I usually wear a 32DDD, but I bought this in a 32DD for some extra compression. It keeps the girls in place even when I'm sprinting and jumping.

I just ordered the "Juno" because I prefer a racer back:

If you decide to try one of them, Amazon has the best deals. If you're not picky about color, you can get them for as low as $22 with free shipping, even though they list for $44 - $58!
    Do you know where to find them in a shop? I wear a 32DD but I don't trust not being able to fit them first.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I could use one too and I am 32F. If anyone knows a good place to get them online in Canada, please post it. Shipping from the US is usually fairly expensive.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    My faves are the Moving Comfort Fiona and Lululemon's Ta Ta Tamer. My trick is to buy a cup size down + rib size up, which is more secure but I'm not spilling out. So I'm a 36D in regular bras but a 38C in sports bras.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    A good friend of mine gets hers from womanwithin.com they specialize in larger sizes at great prices.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

SuBee is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Our local running store carries Moving Comfort bras--you might try that. Their website almost certainly has a store locator that would help, too.

I wear the Fiona also (but only a B-cup, so can't speak to results for larger sizes). It is more comfortable for me than the Juno, but the Juno had better bounce control (less stretchy in the straps). The folks at Title Nine (titleninesports dot com) are very helpful if you call and explain what you're looking for.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast