Thread: Kettlebell Workout page

SunshynLady is offline Junior Member

Kettlebell Workout

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all!

I take a Kettlebell class at my gym twice a week and the class is for an hour. It's kind of like circuit training where we do about 5 kettlebell exercises, cardio, and ab work for 1 circuit and we do the circuit 3 times. Then we switch to another circuit with 5 different kettlebell excercises, cardio, and ab work and do this circuit 3 times. Is this considered an LHT workout?

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Probably not - how heavy are the KB's youre using?

But just because it's not a Sisson-stlye LHT workout, doesn't mean it's a waste of time.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

SunshynLady is offline Junior Member
    Woohoo! I was hoping you'd respond Al. It's a 20 lb. kettlebell that I use for swings, snatches, turkish getups, all of the KB exercises.

Do you think this workout would fall into the category as Play? I do enjoy this class.

Natsfan44 is offline Member
    No disrespect to Al (just about all of his posts are spot on and informative) and it is just my opinion but....I think you are lifting heavy things. In Primal Blueprint Fitness the key exercises are all bodyweight if I'm not mistaken and non of the workouts of the week have you lifting any "big" weights. Its all relative. You could lock me in a room for a month with a 16kg kettlebell and nothing else and I'd come out stronger and with more endurance.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshynLady View Post
    Woohoo! I was hoping you'd respond Al. It's a 20 lb. kettlebell that I use for swings, snatches, turkish getups, all of the KB exercises.

Do you think this workout would fall into the category as Play? I do enjoy this class.
    Nice! 20 lbs is heavier than I thought you were gonna say but I still think it's kind of a grey area due to the fast pace. LHT workouts are generally full out effort followed by a long rest, then another full out effort. This sounds like a moderate effort for an extended period of time. Either way, it sounds like you should keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Natsfan44 View Post
    No disrespect to Al (just about all of his posts are spot on and informative) and it is just my opinion but....I think you are lifting heavy things. In Primal Blueprint Fitness the key exercises are all bodyweight if I'm not mistaken and non of the workouts of the week have you lifting any "big" weights. Its all relative. You could lock me in a room for a month with a 16kg kettlebell and nothing else and I'd come out stronger and with more endurance.
    No disrespect taken! We are all here to share our opinions. Besides, in reality, there is no way anyone can really answer anything accurately over the net anyway.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com