Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did someone say chocolate chip cookies with candied bacon?! page

FinnGirl is offline Junior Member

Did someone say chocolate chip cookies with candied bacon?!

Why yes, they did! You *MUST* try these cookies. Delicious and a fun Primal indulgence! I love this blog, every recipe that I have tried has been excellent!

The Food Lovers' Primal Palate: Chocolate Chip Cookies with Candied Bacon

Finn

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I've been meaning to try these, and my best friend's bridal shower brunch is this weekend, so I think I know what I'm bringing now. =]
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    That's not a primal indulgence, it's a seriously conventional wisdom cookie that also happens to be gluten free. Sorry to get all douchebaggy about it, but I keep seeing these "primal indulgences" a lot lately and while I am no primal saint even I think these blogs are going overboard with the candy.

edit: Apparently I like to take long absences and then come back to give the online equivalent of "GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN YOUNGSTERS". Somebody help me.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

peril is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Rivven. I think we we more recipes on this site for 20% food than for real food. We should be kicking arses, not dragging them
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Oh come on.

Everyone's goals are different. While I am avoiding primal treats while trying to lose weight, I will most definitely be making primal goodies for easter, christmas, birthdays and any other social gathering that I want to.

Food is more than fuel, it is about ritual and love and coming together. Primal treats have their place. I for one treat sugar the way many people treat alcohol. Not to be indulged in every day, or ever alone, I'm a social sugar consumer.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    Food is more than fuel, it is about ritual and love and coming together.
    I eat my treats like Gollum fondles the One Ring all alone in his cave.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Hee hee, to each his own. My philosophy just helps me to say treats for the special times instead of binging whenever I'm upset/bored/lonely/frustrated etc.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    LOL me too!! I like to sneak them so Nobody else will try to take away my *Precious!*
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    Food is more than fuel, it is about ritual and love and coming together
    Agree with this. My point isn't not to ever have non-primal or special foods. For example, I regularly consume alcohol, which isn't primal. And Rivvin's point seems to have been that this particular treat has so much shit in it that it isn't even a primal treat. What part do cookies have in food rituals? Its not food that you eat at a meal. Habit is not ritual. Habitual snacking is poor behaviour that doesn't deserve to be encouraged

Why are so many of the recipes on this site for "treats". It tells me that a lot of people on this site haven't dialled in primal eating at all. Rather they are trying to form primal in their image of a conventional diet. Much the same way that we create gods in our own image.

We aren't troglodytes or complete hunter-gatherers so we all have to think about what eating primally in a modern world means. We fail when we fail to look beyond our everyday customs. Some of the best success stories on this site are from those who have made that leap - those who don't eat three regular meals a day, that treat breakfast as just another meal at which any primal food may be eaten, ... While we're spending time mired in primalising conventional diets, we're missing the opportunity to really break free from them
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast