Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Finger question page

denbro01 is offline Senior Member

Five Finger question

Shop Now
    Hi all!
    So, I have a pair of VFF Komodo Sports. I love them for hiking. My only gripe with them is that they are seriously hard to get on. My toes don't spread on command or that easily, but once on, my feet feel happy. My question is...are the Classics or Sprints any easier to get on? I would love to wear them out walking the dogs, or messing around in the garden and whatnot.
    Anyone have any experience with some other VFFs?
    Thanks
    D
    : )

nax
    nax is offline Member
    I've had some KSO's for a year and I have less issues getting them on over time. I get my toes seated right then slip the heel on and can be going in about 20 seconds.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    J. Stanton

Dana is offline Junior Member
    I have a pair of Sprints and a pair of Trek Sports and I do find the Sprints easier to get on because I can actually reach the toes and help them into the pockets. With the Trek Sports I feel like it's either really easy, everything just lines up and on they go, or it just is not working at all and I'm better off just taking the whole shoe off and starting over and hoping for better results with the next try.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    I have Sprints and Flows, and the Sprints are 187,710,643x easier to get on.

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member
    I've got the KSO's and once I started a technique where I step on the shoe and only slide the front of my foot forward while stepping on the heel, they became much easier to get on. It's really just my little toe on each foot that wants to buddy up in the next toe pocket but that is easily rectified by sticking my finger between the two toe pockets.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by denbro01 View Post
    Hi all!
    So, I have a pair of VFF Komodo Sports. I love them for hiking. My only gripe with them is that they are seriously hard to get on. My toes don't spread on command or that easily, but once on, my feet feel happy. My question is...are the Classics or Sprints any easier to get on? I would love to wear them out walking the dogs, or messing around in the garden and whatnot.
    Anyone have any experience with some other VFFs?
    Thanks
    D
    : )
    If you don't have perfect toes, forget about VFF's.

If you have crooked toes, or hammer toes, forget it. VFF's are not for you.

Grizz

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    If you don't have perfect toes, forget about VFF's.

If you have crooked toes, or hammer toes, forget it. VFF's are not for you.

Grizz
    That's not true at all. I have crooked piggy toes, and I have no issues getting my feet into them. Now if you have a longer second toe than first, you will have some trouble, but crooked toes are not an issue, and in fact that problem (especially piggy toes that want to curl under) is caused by wearing shoes, so wearing VFF or other minimalist shoes can help correct that problem. Even if you can't correct the problem, VFF's have toe pockets big enough to fit your toes into even if they curl a bit. From there it's just building callouses and learning to walk correctly.

Now, if you have seriously crooked toes, or really oddly shaped toes, yes, VFF might be a bit of a problem, but I don't think it's fair to say you have to have "perfect" toes to own a pair. That kind of thing turns people off from even trying them on, which is a shame. Ultimately, you have to just try a pair on, and see how they fit your feet. They may work, they may not, but at least you've tried.

I'm gonna get a pair of Sprints for just kicking around. My toes are funky, but it love my Komodos! So that's that!

JillianMarie77 is offline Senior Member
    As you start to develop body mind connection with the atrophied muscles in your feet this will get better. Hooray for muscle memory!
    Jillian
    Strict Vegetarian going primal as of 3/2011. This is a tough row to hoe!

So far I am down:
    • 6lbs
    • 1% BMI
    • 1" in my waist
    • 2.5" at my belly button
    • 1" in my hips

Have you ever seen people that practice yoga a lot? They can spread their toes on command. Now that's cool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast