Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired!!! Help! page

organicaustin is offline Junior Member

Tired!!! Help!

Shop Now
    I was on the paleo diet for about 2 weeks, felt great until the 2nd week. I was exhausted! My recovery times from workouts were insane and I could barely get threw any of my workouts. I work out 3x a week.I eat many vegetables and meat. Also tons of sunflower butter(sometime a half of a jar in a day) I was constantly hungry.
    My sample breakfast and lunch
    Breakfast: 4 eggs,spinach, cup and 1/2 of squash, strip of turkey bacon, and 3 spoon full's of almond/sunflower butter, 2 bannas, and a orange
    Lunch: 1/2 pound of grass fed beef, 2 bell peppers, half of onion, avocado, 3 hand full's of raisins(maybe more)
    and so on...
    I am 5'6" 125 lbs.
    Also when I gave up and ate a big huge sandwich, I felt amazing and got my energy back! WHat GIVES!!??

StarCharm is offline Member
    Maybe you were in ketosis? There are several side effects associated with ketosis, including fatigue, especially for the first couple weeks of your diet change. Did you ever try to measure ketones in your urine?

Bunnyfoot is offline Member
    Do a forum search on "carb flu"...you need to push through it instead of grabbing a sammich every time.

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    How did this work out for you? I myself got tired of being tired and did a carb refeed today, which worked (so far). I'd be interested in what happened for you.

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you ate too much fruits and seed/nut (butter). Try cutting out the bananas, oranges, squash and raisins and eat more fat.
    What was your diet before going primal? It took me one and a half month to transition out of carb addiction to fat fuelling.
    It's a price you pay for years of unconscious food choices.

Red Wire is offline Senior Member
    Throw in a few potatoes here and there. From the looks of things, you are no where near 150 g of carbs. At your weight, you do not need to go aggressively low carb. Also, go easy on the vegetables, especially spinach. Oxalates in leafy greens can screw with your calcium absorption. When I was eating a spinach salad every day I was getting sick constantly and had no energy.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Wire View Post
    Throw in a few potatoes here and there. From the looks of things, you are no where near 150 g of carbs. At your weight, you do not need to go aggressively low carb. Also, go easy on the vegetables, especially spinach. Oxalates in leafy greens can screw with your calcium absorption. When I was eating a spinach salad every day I was getting sick constantly and had no energy.
    What would you clump in as a leafy green, all; or only some? Thanks.

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    healthy fat is great for fuel. it helped me. none the less, walk it out. dont give up

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

Red Wire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    What would you clump in as a leafy green, all; or only some? Thanks.
    I'm not sure exactly which green vegetables are the biggest offenders. Off the stop of my head, spinach and broccoli have some of the highest oxalate content. I think kale/lettuce might be similar?? I could be wrong, I would do some internet research and a little self-experimentation if you are concerned.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Wire View Post
    I'm not sure exactly which green vegetables are the biggest offenders. Off the stop of my head, spinach and broccoli have some of the highest oxalate content. I think kale/lettuce might be similar?? I could be wrong, I would do some internet research and a little self-experimentation if you are concerned.
    I'll look those up, thanks. I remember spinach, around here, being touted as being one blocking calcium absorption. I guess, that's why not you can't eat too much of it. I think I've kept this mentality up for the most part, by eating only one set a day for broccoli.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast