Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always tired, always cold, always .... page

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member

Always tired, always cold, always ....

Primal Fuel
    My husband -

Always tired: yesterday he got up at 8:00, did a few things around the house and went back to bed after lunch & slept until 4:00. Had dinner, watched a movie and to bed at 8:00.

Always cold: it's nice and warm in the house today but he's napping on the couch all bundled up in blankets. When we go somewhere in the car I'll be uncomfortably hot in a T-shirt, he'll be in a parka (NOT exagerating, a flippin' PARKA) and be complaining his feet are cold.

Headaches: at least four days out of seven he either goes to bed with a headache or wakes up an hour later with one. I buy aspirin in the jumbo packs from Costco.

Stomach aches: several times a week. I buy Alka Seltzer in the industrial sizes too.

Bowel issues: often caught short & has to dash for the loo. Frequent cramps & diarrhea.

Joint pain: hands, knees, hips. See above note about aspirin.

ED: often the little blue pills don't even work.

Always out of breath: you can hear him coming from across the house, he sounds like an old steam locomotive.

And yeah, he's a sugar and carb addict, loves processed anything, about 25 lbs.overweight and flatly refuses to try Primal. I think he may be pre-diabetic (in his family on both sides) and possibly have heart problems (in his family on both sides).

I'm 100% convinced he's clinically depressed but it still gets awfully damned old listening to him constantly whine and complain about how bad he feels, how he has no interests and "nothing to look forward to". He won't go to the doctor either so I guess I'm just venting and doing a little whining myself, sorry.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Every time he complains, slap him across the face and very calmly say, "I've told you how to fix this."

Every time. And let him buy his own damn painkillers.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

KG
    KG is offline Senior Member
    There's no need to apologise for anything - he may be physically tortured, but he has to fix up his attitude.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like gluten intolerance among other things...

And let him buy his own damn painkillers.
    Second that. Don't enable him. Don't buy him non-Primal food, either.

And above all, don't listen to his complaints. Once he no longer has an audience, he'll make a shift.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Maybe he's secretly a vegan. Have you tried giving him steak?

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    The stomach issues could also be made worse by lots of aspirin. It can really screw around with things if you take lots of it. My husband has really bad chronic pain right now in his knee. He knew he was going to have to get something done about eventually but of course left it until it got to the unbearable stage. Meanwhile it's been lots of painkillers and I don't think it's a coincidence that he has stomach issues too.

I feel for you on the whole not wanting to go to the doctor thing. Mine's like that too. Drives me nuts sometimes. Besides the knee thing the worst was when he was sick with a chest infection. I kept saying you need to go. Then YOU REALLY need to go. Finally he went and it ended up he had pneumonia so bad that the doctor wanted to keep him in the hospital over night. Of course he refused that. GAH!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Diabetes is a possibility. I have this niggling feeling it might also be heart related; something is certainly interfering with his circulation to be that cold (bad blood flow could create depression symptoms). Sounds like he ought to get to a doctor muy pronto.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

dromos is offline Member
    Sounds like hashimoto's. Any thyroid issues?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    He shouldn't breed.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    The cold and tired and achy could definitely be thyroid. All that and the diarrhea could be celiac. If he doesn't intend to go primal, I would at least suggest a complete physical for him, with him outlining his issues to the doctor.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast