Thread: I want to be a primal babysitter! page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

I want to be a primal babysitter!

Primal Fuel
    I guess 'nanny' is the right term, but it always makes me think of staunch old ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    It will be nice when it's the summer and I don't have to worry about keeping my son from eating crap while I'm at work, he is less than happy when they get graham crackers (full of corn syrup) and he doesn't.
    This post in a different thread made me daydream about watching primal peoples kids for them. I MISS kids (I babysat some specific neighbors amazing kids every summer for about three years) and I have the urge to cook for little people and care for them and play... but not to the point where I want my own kids!

How cool would it be to have a primal babysitting job? I'd call it Cave-care.
    Little Saiyan

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I did that job for about a year! It was wonderful, until the mom started to go overboard with nuts, and I was constantly baking primal goodies!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    OMG that would be so awesome. I'm always sad when my groklings are getting fed less than optimally at their dayhome. She's pretty good (no juice, no sugary junk) but definitely whole grains blah blah blah. She's really good about not making them eat it though, and my boys already say no thank you to most obvious grains.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    A whole primal school would be awesome. Lots of outdoor play in between lessons. I think kids would be able to concentrate better with food that didn't spike their blood sugar and plenty of activity.

Barefoot is offline Member
    I would be so thrilled to find a primal babysitter!! Seriously.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I'd love a Primal babysitter.

Oh! To watch kids. Right... I knew that...
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Nanny makes me think of hot scandinavian women....
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    I should start a travelling business!
    Little Saiyan

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha, as the OP of the quoted comment, I SO feel you! I hate having to cater to unhealthy menu options, but I don't really feel like I have a choice most of the time Between that and some other issues I'm having (mainly drastically different ideas on discipline), I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to go back to work for them in the Fall.

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    Well just a heads-up, I'll be in the DC area next year, if anyone needs a fabulous primal nanny!
    And no, Alex Good, I am not a hot Scandinavian woman.. as much as my heart desires (and boy, you have a thing for woman today.. the vegan post now this? hahaha!)