Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touring the farm! page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Touring the farm!

Primal Fuel
    I'm going to tour a grass fed angus beef farm today at 14:00! Yay!

Genevieve is offline Member
    Cool! Let us know how it is. I'm going to check one out in Havelock NB soon, it looks interesting!
    Start weight - 193lbs March 21st
    Current weight - 181lbs June 1st
    Goal weight - 145lbs

"The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off." Gloria Steinem

My Primal Journey BLOG

You live in New Brunswick? This one's in Memramcook. And it was awesome. I got 3 steaks and 4 things of ground beef. I'll be ordering 1/8 of a cow next month.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

What?? I live in Memramcook. Where is it? Geez if I can shop local like that then I'll nevermind Havelock! How are the prices?
    Goal weight - 145lbs

My Primal Journey BLOG

2.80$ per pound if you buy an 1/8 of a cow (about 50lbs-55lbs according to the price guide). The owners live at 1569 rue Principale but their farm is right up the road at rue d'ecoliers.
    You need to order in advance because they deliver it right after it's slaughtered.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Rue de l'école, is that Gautreau meats? I'll check it out, do they have a website?
    Goal weight - 145lbs

My Primal Journey BLOG

There is a meat shop near the farm but I'm not sure if they sell from there (I bought mine directly from them). They don't have a website that I know of, I found them at eatwild.ca.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    2.80$ per pound if you buy an 1/8 of a cow (about 50lbs-55lbs according to the price guide). The owners live at 1569 rue Principale but their farm is right up the road at rue d'ecoliers.
    You need to order in advance because they deliver it right after it's slaughtered.
    Heaven! *raccoon dance*
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

K, thanks! I'll definitely check them out!
    Goal weight - 145lbs

My Primal Journey BLOG

Quick update; We toured the farm yesterday and it is awesome. We will be buying 1/8 of a cow as well. The butcher shop near the farm is where they butcher the meat. I did hear from a reliable source that you should make sure you get your 50lbs-55lbs weighed in front of you before leaving with it from this butcher, as some received less than what they were supposed to. Just an FYI.
    Goal weight - 145lbs

My Primal Journey BLOG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast