Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cod Liver Oil page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

Cod Liver Oil

Primal Fuel
    I hear alot about taking CLO if you eat alot of factory raised beef as opposed to grass fed/grass finished. What exactly is the CLO doing to counter act the factory raised beef? I know it has something to do with the Omega 3 to 6 ratio?? The PUFAS?? Does this sound right? I was doing some reading over at PaNu and couldnt find out why the CLO is beneficial when eating the factory raised beef. Also, is CLO better then the regular Fish Oil? Thanks peeps!

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Cod liver oil or any fish oil is used to try to balance the omega 3's & 6's. We typically eat too much omega 6's, so we take fish oil to keep those numbers at a healthy level. Cod liver oil, imho, can be really good, but you cannot take too much because it is usually fused with vitamin e to keep the oil from oxidizing and too much vitamin can be bad. But, i think its good stuff. Iv'e been taking it and i like it, i just limit it to one serving a day. Cod liver oil and fish oil are very similar (and are used for the same purposes), i weighed my options and i thought, for my situation, that cod liver oil is the best.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    My only experince of CLO is with my cat who had a bad case of oily coat, plus flaky skin/dandruff last year; we started giving him a teaspoon a day of CLO, and his coat is beautiful now, and no flakes.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

thanks for the input NeoBerserker. do u take it in liquid or gel cap and do u know if there is a difference besides the taste??

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    I take it straight up like a man....Lol its actually lemon flavored and does not taste bad at all. The pills do not have a taste, some can taste the fish in their burps and i have experienced that, BUT i believe that is do to oxidation, which is NOT good. I use the Carlson Cod Liver oil.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBerserker View Post
    I take it straight up like a man....Lol its actually lemon flavored and does not taste bad at all. The pills do not have a taste, some can taste the fish in their burps and i have experienced that, BUT i believe that is do to oxidation, which is NOT good. I use the Carlson Cod Liver oil.
    thanks bro. =)

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Who recommends cod liver oil over fish oil?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

wozz is offline Junior Member
    cod liver oil has vitamin A and D included in it naturally. Fish oil doesn't... or if it does, it's added separately. They both have the same fat profile afaik. So if you need the vitamins, then cod liver oil is better.

a_phoenix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    The Weston A Price folks, among others. Cod Liver Oil: The Number One Superfood
    First whole30 started 26 April 2011

Goals: Vitality, Joy, Play
    (also look good doing pull-ups by my 40th birthday)

My Primal Journal

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Chris Kresser recommends green pastures fermented cod liver oil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast