Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Long... How Often... Do You Workout?

How Long... How Often... Do You Workout?

Shop Now
    I'm talking actual lifting or strength training... how many days a week? How long?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

2-3 strength training sessions for 30-40 min a pop.
    1 hill sprint sessions 30 min max
    1 yoga session (45min if I do it at home, 90 min if i go to a class)

3x a week, 60 min and then 10-15 for core depending on how energetic and how much time I have.
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

i do PBF on MWF...lately it's been taking almost an hour to do two cycles, rest, and do a third with explosive work. plus i'll do a little ab work for 10 minutes or so whenever the mood strikes me.

My goal is to increase strength and endurance and keep my metabolism moving for weight loss.

I aim for something 5 mornings a week; some weeks I only get four. I go to my personal trainer 2 days a week for 30 minutes - that's a pretty intense full-body workout (crossfit-style but not crossfit). I also go to a class called "Monkey Conditioning" a couple times a week that is basically intense "play" - mostly body weight work - includes tumbling, jumping, climbing, and all kinds of other silly stuff that seems like it should be easy but always kicks my ass in a good way.

Walking when I can - sometimes just a nice walk around the lake near my apt (3 1/2 miles), or a walk to get errands done (1-2 miles depending on what I'm doing, often carrying 20+ lbs of groceries back with me). I'm also slowly working on the Couch to 5K run/walk program - I'll squeeze that in here and there when I have time or on mornings where I don't have enough time to go to class.

Basically I try to move every morning - at least weekday mornings, since I spend the rest of my day glued to an office chair. It gets my energy and mood up so that I have a better day. Weekends generally tend to be more active (and less stressful) overall so it's less critical that I get that morning rush going.
    Last edited by ennasirk; 04-10-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Two 20-30 min LHT sessions/week. I do BBS-inspired PBF workouts.

This is kind of an odd question since it completely depends what you are trying to achieve. Max strength - then it's heavy, low to moderate volume, long rest periods and 2-3 times per week.

I have 2 days dedicated to weights - about an hour each day. But I also have 2 days of cardio strength circuits where I'll run through 5-7 stations for timed rounds. I'll usually do kettlebells on those days as well, and they last about 45 minutes.

I'm currently doing this T NATION | The 40-Day Program. 20-30 mins including warm-up every day. I'm on day 15 and making strength gains already.

Shop Now
    Two or three times a month - 25 / 40 mins of actual lifting. I'm lazy