Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sugar Hangover? page

Kyungmi is offline Member

Sugar Hangover?

Primal Fuel
    So I've been going Primal for about three months now, and I haven't had any sugary foods since...until yesterday. I was at The Cheesecake Factory, and I ended up having a whole slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. I felt okay until I woke up this morning feeling really sluggish and started having this constant headache. I actually went back to sleep for a couple more hours (after sleeping for 10 hours) after waking up. I'm thinking it was the sugar, but I'm not sure. Has this type of thing happened for anyone else before?
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." —Anthony Robbins
    K's Journal

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I get a little sniffly 'the morning after,' LOL, but that's about it.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    This seems to be a common reaction - has happened to me too, it's the fructose element and the toxicity in the liver to my mind (glucose of course is just directly absorbed and is generally less of an issue, the insulin deals with it, the brain soaks it up, but fructose is a toxin and has to be metabolized in the liver, different pathway), hence the 'alcoholic' hangover feeling. Once your body is tuned into low carb it really doesn't enjoy a 'hit'! My heart races and I can't sleep.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

annew is offline Junior Member
    Yes. Happened to me too. Bad enough so it's easier to avoid sugar now.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Great timing. I went to a sugar shack yesterday with the wife to gorge on maple syrup, we both woke up with a headache this morning. I heard it was possible but never thought it would happen so easily.

sillysarah is offline Member
    My reaction is more immediate, unfortunately. I bought a bar of 85% Lindt and ended up eating the whole thing for lunch. About 20 minutes later, I had a pounding headache, was sweating, and nauseated. Too much sugar!! It's better than the time I had pizza and a brownie, though. Every JOINT in my body ached and pounded, and I felt lightheaded and dizzy... The next morning I still felt strange and dehydrated. That was when I was doubting an intolerance to wheat. Boy did I learn my lesson!

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I get the racing heart, can't sleep, followed by hangover.

Kyungmi is offline Member
    Thanks for all the input! Don't think I'll be torturing my body with that experience again!
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." —Anthony Robbins
    K's Journal

js290 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyungmi View Post
    So I've been going Primal for about three months now, and I haven't had any sugary foods since...until yesterday. I was at The Cheesecake Factory, and I ended up having a whole slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. I felt okay until I woke up this morning feeling really sluggish and started having this constant headache. I actually went back to sleep for a couple more hours (after sleeping for 10 hours) after waking up. I'm thinking it was the sugar, but I'm not sure. Has this type of thing happened for anyone else before?
    There's more in a cheesecake than just sugar. You sure it was the sugar and not the floury crust?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast