Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: check out this video on anti-inflammatory diet: sounds primal to me! page

Marymk is offline Junior Member

check out this video on anti-inflammatory diet: sounds primal to me!

Shop Now
    YouTube - The Perricone Anti-Inflammatory Diet - eDiets.com

This one is great, and he specifically mentions a french study done on primal diet:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lorax201...46/BVn-jmCi4zI
    Last edited by Marymk; 04-09-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! I'd like to see more details on the French study.... Sounds too good to be true. But then, it does sound a lot like the successes here on PB.

Dreww is offline Junior Member
    Sears claims the zone is intended to reduce inflamtion I know that some crossfiters are doing a Paleo diet with Zone timing and ratios. I hate to count measure etc thanks for posting

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to know why the guy in the top video advocates many small meals, and why he groups refined sugar and starches together.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I saw Perricone on Dr. Oz a while back talking about inflammation and diet. Oz mentioned whole grains and Perricone replied that grains in general weren't that good for you. You should've seen the look on Oz's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
    Thanks! I'd like to see more details on the French study.... Sounds too good to be true. But then, it does sound a lot like the successes here on PB.
    If you read French, this is his book. There's also an blog in English that talks about his work. He has some major divergences from primal/paleo but its an interesting read.
    Last edited by DaisyEater; 04-10-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I'd like to know why the guy in the top video advocates many small meals, and why he groups refined sugar and starches together.
    Yeah, I was wondering about this too. If you have adequate fat in your diet you don't need "small meals often".

Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering about this too. If you have adequate fat in your diet you don't need "small meals often".
    Seriously. I can't imagine eating more often than I do. I'm so full now that I'm not fat-phobic.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    Seriously. I can't imagine eating more often than I do. I'm so full now that I'm not fat-phobic.
    Me too - I checked my calories and I am hardly eating more than 1200, never over 1500 and I am feeling full all the time. In fact, I am eating far less often now that I am eating primal.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    If you read French, this is his book. There's also an blog in English that talks about his work. He has some major divergences from primal/paleo but its an interesting read.
    Thanks for this, DaisyEater. Time to brush up on my franšais, I guess. Although he seems to recommend more raw foods, there's a mention on the blog that more cooked foods would have the same effect, provided you still leave out wheat, corn, etc. Same basic premise as primal/paleo, with only minor differences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast