Page 99 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 99

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    YKYPW - The bookstore manager asks for your monthly employee recommendation and you already know which primal/paleo author you're pimping out next. I generally manage to get Mark in every third month.

canio6 Guest
    YKYPW - your family asks for a Christmas list of potential gift ideas and you send them a link to U.S. Wellness Meats.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    YKYPW - your family asks for a Christmas list of potential gift ideas and you send them a link to U.S. Wellness Meats.
    I like that. I want a very good quality 8" chef's knife. Santa knows.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I told Santa I want a subscription to Cook's Illustrated. Not all their recipes fit into paleo eating, but a lot of them do, and they do some good stuff on techniques. I keep borrowing them from friends, and I want my own to keep.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    When you get off at a bus stop way before the one that would be the most convenient because you love to walk.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    You're walking, with your fiance, through the Natural History section of the museum... and every "specimen" brings forth an "Mmmmmmmm!"

Needed reviving.

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    YNYPW the local butcher knows what you want before you order....!

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    When the doctor takes your blood pressure and the machine sounds an alarm because your pulse rate is too low. The doctor asks if you are very fit, and you think of all the people on BodyRock and say 'well, sort of'.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    When the doctor takes your blood pressure and the machine sounds an alarm because your pulse rate is too low. The doctor asks if you are very fit, and you think of all the people on BodyRock and say 'well, sort of'.
    My blood pressure always makes any new nurse scuttle for another machine, thinknig the the one just used was miscalibrated. I always ask what it is, nod, and say "yeah, that's about right. A little high for me, but about right." Same thing with the thermometer, They'll check it, I'll try to ask what it is before they scuttle away for another one, and them it's right for me (if I'm at "normal" body temp, I'm running a fever.)
    I always try to warn any new phlebotomist that s/he'll need a kid's size needle and that my veins rolls. Why they never believe me until after a few stabs in beyond me. The ones I deal with all the time have a kidlet sized needle waiting, as well as a second nurse to talk to me so I don't pass out when they stab me. Even though I'm type O- and not hemophiliac, I'm a phlebotomist's nightmare.

YKYPW you end up reading the ingredients for a vegan gluten free bread out of morbid curiosity and laugh, only to watch some frail young woman come up and buy it while you're laughing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    Fiance says +1 on blood pressure. His is still very low. You know, "despite" all those "unhealthy, saturated animal fats".