Page 98 of 161 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 98

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When you cook yourself a giant steak for breakfast, do your workout, go to eat your steak and see that it's actually raw on the inside. Raw, not rare. But you eat it anyway. Nom nom nom.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it cool how when you eat something bad, your body immediately lets you know that "hey, what the hell did you just put in me"?

Quote Originally Posted by CelloIsLove View Post
    When you eat two Reese's and get mudbutt as a result >_<
    Health is Wealth!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    When your day is busy and you didn't have time to put food together to take with you before you left in the morning, and you just think "enh, I'll just eat when I get back around 4:00 this afternoon. It's not a workout day. Hmm, maybe I'll just wait til tomorrow morning after I work out."

I can't do that. For some reason, I wake up hungry or have to eat shortly there after. I can, though, go from breakfast around 8 or earlier till around 2 or 3 or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    When your day is busy and you didn't have time to put food together to take with you before you left in the morning, and you just think "enh, I'll just eat when I get back around 4:00 this afternoon. It's not a workout day. Hmm, maybe I'll just wait til tomorrow morning after I work out."
    Health is Wealth!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simpstr View Post
    I can't do that. For some reason, I wake up hungry or have to eat shortly there after. I can, though, go from breakfast around 8 or earlier till around 2 or 3 or later.
    The first time I went until the afternoon without eating was by accident. Got really busy, just couldn't get food. I realized I felt fine, was just a little hungry. Still had energy and everything. Since then I've been doing more working out in the morning and not eating until afterwards, usually at lunch time. I don't really IF that much, but I've found if I just get my brain around it I can go without eating for quite a while if necessary. It's surprising; I used to always have to eat every couple of hours and would kind of worry if I wasn't going to be near food for a while. Now I'm good with it.

I work out some mornings at 5am and don't eat until around 7:15 or 8 but I'm really hungry...so much so that I feel sick. When I get busy at work, yes I can do for hours as long as I've been eating well prior and my blood sugar is stable and be ok until around 5 then I'm hungry all over again. Its like its ferocious when I get hungry sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    The first time I went until the afternoon without eating was by accident. Got really busy, just couldn't get food. I realized I felt fine, was just a little hungry. Still had energy and everything. Since then I've been doing more working out in the morning and not eating until afterwards, usually at lunch time. I don't really IF that much, but I've found if I just get my brain around it I can go without eating for quite a while if necessary. It's surprising; I used to always have to eat every couple of hours and would kind of worry if I wasn't going to be near food for a while. Now I'm good with it.
    Health is Wealth!

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    When you worry so much about getting sunlight for Vit D that, even when working/messing around online, you sit RIGHT under your sky-light attic window and soak as much up as possible. And when, whilst sitting there typing away, you use one typing hand, alternate hands and hold a 4kg weight in your non-typing hand, to make sure it doesn't get idle.
    From THIS post by Mark (back in November of 11) - When we’re sitting in front of a window, however, the exposure is different. Glass blocks the shorter-wave UVB rays while allowing most of the longer UVA rays to pass through. In short, we’re receiving the more damaging rays without the normal protective benefit of vitamin D production.

Just a heads up.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowcarb4me View Post
    Or when you roast a turkey at said friend's house and claim dibs on the crispy skin and that fatty part of the tail (my mom called it the Pope's Nose) and they all look at you like you've lost your mind.
    I LOVE the tail on a chicken when I roast one. It's the very first thing I eat as soon as it cools enough not to burn my mouth. It NEVER re-heats very well and it is SO tasty!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    From THIS post by Mark (back in November of 11) - When we’re sitting in front of a window, however, the exposure is different. Glass blocks the shorter-wave UVB rays while allowing most of the longer UVA rays to pass through. In short, we’re receiving the more damaging rays without the normal protective benefit of vitamin D production.

Just a heads up.
    I keep it wide open, as long as it isn't raining. And, as the roof's low, I sometime's just stand by the window, lean on the frame and watch the sky whilst drinking my coffee.
    Cheers anyhow.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    I keep it wide open, as long as it isn't raining. And, as the roof's low, I sometime's just stand by the window, lean on the frame and watch the sky whilst drinking my coffee.
    Cheers anyhow.
    So you're covered then . . . or, erm, *uncovered* as it were . . . *shrUg* . . . I pretty much link that blog post anytime I see *vitamin D* and *window* in the same sentence.