Page 90 of 162 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are primal when... page 90

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    Pam I know exactly what you are talking about. At work lately there have been tons of junk food around. Friday there was a random bag of chips lying around on a table. I saw it but it didn't register with as food. Then a co-worker who fully knows I eat primal, came in a quickly grabbed a hand full of chips. She is on a "diet" i.e. CW, and stated how she has no will power when junk food is left out at work. I just laughed and kept on working.
    This is so true! My brain actually doesn't even register most of that stuff as food anymore either - so I don't miss it or want it. What is also cool is that my 4yo doesn't see chips, etc as food either. He still loves some bread though if he can get his hands on some (kinda tough since it's rarely in the house).

Owly is offline Senior Member
    You read about someone hitting a moose with a truck and start thinking about dinner.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Rindy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I should say that I was flying KLM (Dutch airline) all the way and they are a bit more tolerant of such things than US airlines may be. Lots of friendly questions and comments. Okay, likely the Egyptian security guys in Cairo were laughing and talking about me but a) it was in Arabic and b) I don't really care anyway.
    Love this!! Will definitely fly barefoot when we go on holiday to South Africa next year (from Heathrow Airport, London). We may be flying with British Airways so it will be interesting how the 'stiff upper lip' British air-crew react!!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Depends on where said woman is from.
    ROFL - I completely agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grokina View Post
    when your purest moments of elation are in converting loved ones: my brother and mother went primal and paleo within 30 days of each other.
    today is my mom's first day, go mom!
    Love this! I have been secretly trying to convert my husband, he eats primal with me every evening without really realising it. He is battling depression and I KNOW without a doubt that living primally will help him. On Sunday I made a couple of dishes from a Paleo cookbook - this was his reaction "Babe, that was delicious - I am surprised just how much variety there is with the way you are eating!" Ha - what a result!! Watch this space

When you go to look at a picture posted on Facebook of your little grandaughter eating a meal and you exclaim out loud "Oh my God, what crap are they feeding her???"

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rindy View Post
    When you go to look at a picture posted on Facebook of your little grandaughter eating a meal and you exclaim out loud "Oh my God, what crap are they feeding her???"
    Or, when the kids come over, and they bring CRAP to feed their toddler. Seriously, WHAT THE HELL is in that sippy cup?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a girl (woman ) and it's getting to be fall, and I'm feeling nostalgic...

And I want to SHOOT cute little cottontail RABBITS!
    (and eat them of course. )
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm a girl (woman ) and it's getting to be fall, and I'm feeling nostalgic...

And I want to SHOOT cute little cottontail RABBITS!
    (and eat them of course. )
    rabbit starvation
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Nah...

Cook them with pork belly!

I get domestics... but the gamey little cottontails are just nice.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.